Procedure for HS 1P (11/11/08)
Objectives: Students will prepare themselves for quiz this Thursday.
H/W: review lesson 2 for quiz.
- (1) Turn in your H/W. (2) Ms. Chang checks your WB pages 14/15/16.
- Go over key to WB pages 14/15/16.
- Finish up Supplementary Material for Lesson 2.
- Go over skit/cultural project details. 1) Skit: talk about birthday, hobbies, and daily routine with specific time. Altogether 15-20 sentences. Memorize it, please. Pair activity. 2) Project: PowerPoint presentation (history, development, applications, demonstration, etc—bullets only on slides). At least 10 slides. Turn in 2 pages hard copy of introduction, history, applications, significance. Double space, please. Possible topics include: Chinese chess, go, Chinese yo-yo, etc. Complete list is available tomorrow.
Procedure for HS 2P/9P (11/11/08)
Objectives: Students will review lesson 2 and lesson 3.
H/W: 1) Read ReviewSounds #1 packet. 2) Read textbook p14.
1. 1) Turn in your H/W (Two characters: 偉, 蘭). 2) Study ReviewSounds #1 while Ms. Chang checks your WB pages 17-19.
2. (9P only) Review classroom phrases on textbook p. 14.
3. (9P only) Check answer key to page 1/3/4.
4. Check answer key to page 17/18/19.
5. Matching activity.
6. Work on WB page 21 as a class.
7. (2P only) Read ReviewSounds #1 packet. Speaking quiz next week.
- Check H/W: index cards with colored strips.
- 1) Take makeup quiz, if any. 2) Finish origami products, if any. 3) Return quiz papers/homework papers. 4) Quiz next Monday (colors and sentences).
- Reteach colors and new sentence patterns.
- Informal assessment (white, green, pink).
H/W: 1) memorize 3 more colors (red, blue, and purple).