Procedure for HS 1P (12/03/08)
Objectives: 1) Students will acquire terms for directions; they will be able to state their home environment (dwelling, rooms, and furniture) with direction terms. 2) Students will be able to describe the condition and relative position of things.
H/W: 1) Read Lesson 3 page 30. 2) One row for each new character.
- Take one copy of handout. Turn in your H/W. Take another copy of square paper.
- Informal assessment. Practice learned vocabulary on dry erase board.
- Model read page 30. Read page 30 as a class.
- Pair practice for 10 direction terms.
- Model new characters “裡, 外”.
Procedure for HS 2P/9P (12/03/08)
Objectives: 1) Students will be able to sight read sentences noted in Hanyu Pinyin. 2) Students will be able to identify terms for school supplies and inquire possessions of certain objects.
H/W: 1) Practice reading Review Sounds #2. 2) Practice reading textbook pages 32-33. 3) One row for each new character.
1. Turn in your H/W. Take another copy of square copy.
2. 1) Informal assessment. Practice learned characters “尺, 剪, 刀, 毛, 筆” on dry erase board. 2) Write your Chinese name on the board. 3) Random drawing to read learned sentences.
3. Introduce newly arrived resources (9P only)
4. Model new characters “筆, 這, 什, 麼”.
5. Continue to read Review Sounds #2 sentences #11 to #15.
Procedure for MS 3P/5P (12/03)
1. Collect any slips and make up work.
2. Review (tone marks, 4 terms). Informal assessment.
3. Teach tone mark priority / 5 new terms. Take notes. Pair practice.
4. Cutting a paper pattern: double happiness.
H/W: 1) memorizing all 9 terms, 2) think of one skit for tomorrow.