Procedure for HS 1P (12/4/08)
Objectives: 1) Students will be able to acquire terms for directions, to state their home environment (dwelling, rooms, and furniture) with direction terms. 2) Students will be able to describe the condition and relative position of things.
H/W: 1) Read Lesson 3 page 30. 2) One row for each new character.
1. 1) Turn in your H/W. Take another copy of square paper. 2) Take one copy of handout.
2. Informal assessment. Practice learned vocabulary on dry erase board.
3. Randomly drawing to read page 30. Describing relative position of objects.
4. Macarena activity for direction terms.
5. Group activity: “Pin the Tail on the Donkey”.
6. Model new characters.
Procedure for HS 2P (12/4/08)
Objectives: 1) Students will be able to sight read sentences noted in Hanyu Pinyin. 2) Students will be able to identify terms for school supplies and inquire possessions of certain objects.
H/W: 1) Practice reading Review Sounds #2. 2) Practice reading textbook pages 32-33. 3) One row for each new character.
1. 1) Informal assessment. Dictation learned characters on dry erase board. 2) Random drawing to read learned sentences #11-#15.
2. Model 1 new character “this”.
3. Continue to read Review Sounds #2 sentences #16 to #20.
4. Preview textbook pages 32-33.
No Chinese class for H/S 9P today (NHS induction ceremony)
Procedure for MS 3P/5P (12/4/08)
Objectives: 1) Students will perform skit using at least 6 different terms. 2) Students acquire basic geographic knowledge about China.
H/W: Practice all 12 greeting terms.
1. Collect slips, if any. Make up work?
2. 1) Pass out the reading packet (3P only). 2) Quiz on all greetings next Monday (12/8).
3. Informal assessment. Review 9 terms for greetings.
4. Teach 3 new terms. Practice.
5. Finish up paper cutting patterns.
6. Skit (5P only).
7. Popcorn read the packet (3P only).