Procedure for HS 1P (1/13/09)
Objective: Students will review learned character w/corresponding meaning and pinyin.
H/W: 1) Write one row for each new character. 2) Review learned characters. 3) Complete the last three sentences.
- 1) Bring in your draft of 13 sentences for this Friday’s writing exam. 2) Lesson 3 Part II quiz is tentatively on 1/29/09. 3) Explain foreign language 5C’s standards.
- Sample multiple (actions, food, body parts).
- Model new characters (箱, 哪, 倒, 霉). Supplementary terms (同學 <=> 學生; 壞蛋, 壞東西, 新年).
Procedure for HS 2P/9P (1/13/09)
Objectives: 1) Students will review sample multiple choice questions regarding learned characters, meanings, and Pinyin. 2) Continue Lesson 6.
H/W: 1) Write one row for each new character. 2) Practice associating meaning, pinyin with corresponding character.
- 1) Lesson 6 quiz is tentatively on 1/29/09. 2) Explain foreign language 5C’s standards.
- Sample multiple (pronouns, greetings, action verbs).
- Model new character (羅, 麗, 呢, 沒).
- Introduce sentence patterns (positive, negative, questions) by rearranging verbs/adding question or negative word (是不是 , 是….嗎, 沒有, 有沒有, 有….嗎).
Procedure for MS 3P/5P (1/13/09)
Objectives: Students will gain knowledge about Chinese zodiac story.
- 1) Oral presentation next Monday/Tuesday. 2) Art project next This Friday. 3) Collect class notes next Tuesday.
- Make up quiz for students who went on a field trip yesterday. Pass out their handout packet.
- Go over all four handouts (sports, Chinese zodiac story. China’s giant panda)—3P only.
- Go over Chinese zodiac story/Work on all 10 sentences.—5P only.