Procedure for HS 1P (1/27/09)
Objectives: 1) Students will learn terms about colors and types of clothes. 2) Students will be able to describe how the clothes fit and state they are looking for something in particular.
功課: 生字 (shēngzì) 一行 (yīháng)
1. 1) Scheduling consultation starting from next Tuesday. Ms. Chang will the last 5-7 minutes to talk to students about next year’s intention. 2) Take handout for new character list. 3) Bring in your workbook tomorrow for listening activity.
2. Supplementary information: 1) textbook page 13: Spring couplet (chūnlián) is read as “臘梅送舊歲, 瑞雪迎新春” (Làméi sòng jiùsuì, ruìxuě yíng xīnchūn), which means “Plum flowers send off the old year and auspicious snow welcomes the new spring.” 2) Textbook page 14: Spring couplet is read as “萬事如意, 恭喜吉祥” (Wànshì rúyì, gōngxǐ jíxiáng), which means “Best wishes for everything, congratulations on your good luck.” 3) Explanation of riddles on page 40.
3. Reading time: read textbook pages 29-31. Teach one supplementary character (夜).
4. Review all learned descriptive words.
5. Brainstorm on Lesson 4.
6. Teach new characters (先, 穿, 服, 黑, 色).
7. Introduce terms (_色, 先生, 太太, 小姐, 半夜).
8. Check your mid-term papers/semester grades.
Procedure for HS 2P/9P (1/27/09)
Objectives: Students will learn 1) terms about pets and animals, descriptive words to describe their pets or animals, and 3) measure words for different animals/objects.
H/W (功課gōngkè): 1) WB 40. 2) 生字 (shēngzì) 一行 (yīháng, one row). => one row for each new character.
1. 1) Scheduling consultation starting from next Tuesday. Ms. Chang will use the last 5-7 minutes to talk to students about next year’s intention. 2) Take one handout.
2. Sing the song on page 43 to memorize terms of family members. 2) Clarify terms (我家 instead of 我的家). Explain supplementary characters (和, 也).
3. Browse through Lesson 7.
4. Model new characters (寵, 物, 隻, 狗, 匹).
5. Check your mid-term papers/semester grades.
Procedure MS 3P/5P (1/27/09)
Objectives: 1) Students will review Ms. Chang’s grading policy. 2) Students will gain knowledge about common practices taken during the Chinese New Year. 3) Students will learn tone marks and terms of basic Chinese greetings.
H/W: make index cards.
- 1) Collect H/W (signature slip and Student Inventory). 2) Pass out Grading Policy and handouts of basic greetings/Chinese New Year.
- Introduce/teach terms of tone marks and Pinyin. Take notes.
- Teach terms (I am, You are, He/She, How are you, good-bye). Pair practice.
- Pass out books about Chinese New Year. Brainstorm common practices mentioned in the books (3P only).