Procedure for HS 1P (1/29/09)
Objectives: 1) Students will review all terms about directions/rooms through a listening activity. 2) Students will practice reading Lesson 3 text.
功課: 1) Practice reading Lesson 3. 2) Make 11 index cards.
1. 1) Oral quiz next Tuesday (2/3/09). 2) Turn in your character H/W.
2. Informal assessment. Dictation: try on dry erase board.
3. Listening activity (WB pages 18/21/27). Check your answers.
4. Reading activity (textbook pages 32-34).
5. Pass out colored strips. Make index cards.
Key to WB page 21:
1. Susan 2. Wendy 3. John 4. Charles 5. Jeff 6. Christine
Key to the Listening Activity on WB page 27:
- She arrived home from school at 3:45.
- Eating ice cream.
- Yes, there was something wrong with the TV.
- Mom was not happy with Meiyi’s eating ice cream and wanted Meiyi to do homework instead of watching TV.
Procedure for HS 2P/9P (1/29/09)
Objectives: 1) Students will finalize their paragraph about their family. 2) Students will learn animal terms and measure words used for animals.
H/W: 功課: 1) 生字 (shēngzì) 一行 (yīháng). 2) Practice reading your paragraph.
1. 1) Quiz on Lesson 6 next Tuesday (2/3/09). 2) Turn in your character H/W. 3) Check your WB H/W. 4) Go over the key to WB page 40.
2. Informal assessment. Practice on dry erase board (2P only).
3. Read your paragraph to your partner. Pair editing your paragraph.
4. Model new characters (條, 金, 魚, 貓).
Key to WB page 40:
- His name is Lin Liu. He is fifteen years old. He is a student.
- There are eight people in his family.
- His father is 37 years old. He is a teacher. His mother is 49 years old. She is a worker.
- It is very unlikely to have such a big family now. Most of children at his age are from one child family.
Procedures for MS 3P/5P (1/29/09)
Objectives: 1) Students will continue to learn basic greetings. 2) Students will gain knowledge about common practices taken during the Chinese New Year.
H/W: memorize four terms.
- 1) Collect any H/W from Monday, if any. 2) Check H/W (index cards).
- Informal assessment.
- Pass out books about Chinese New Year. Pair/group reading.
- View video clip from History Channel.
- Go over the handout about Chinese New Year.
- Share the common practices taking by Chinese people during the New Year.
- Review all terms/teach new terms (teacher, good morning, good afternoon, good evening, good -bye).