Procedure for HS 1P (1/30)
Objectives: 1) Students will prepare all index cards for next week’s lesson. 2) Students view portion of the movie “Joy Luck Club” to understand various aspects of Chinese cultures (leisure time activity, family structure, history, etc).
1. 1) Check your index card H/W. 2) Oral quiz next Tuesday (2/3)!!
2. Prepare 2 sets of index cards (one for you and one for your classmate.) 11 colors/set.
3. View DVD “Joy Luck Club”.
Procedure for HS 2P/9P (1/30/09)
Objectives: 1) Student will introduce their family to their peers by reading out loud their paragraph. 2) Students will review Lesson 6 for their quiz on next Tuesday (2/3/09).
功課: 1) 生字 (shēngzì) 一行 (yīháng). 2) Study for quiz.
1. Turn in your H/W.
2. Informal assessment. Try on dry erase board.
3. Random drawing for reading paragraph (speaking and listening comprehension).
4. Review Lesson 6. 1) Listening comprehension. 2) Make sentences.
5. Model new characters (魚, 貓, 鳥, 很, 小, 凶).
Procedure for MS 3P/5P (1/30/09)
Objectives: 1) Students will finish the unit of basic greetings. 2) Students will start to learn the geography and history about China.
H/W: Study for quiz.
1. Informal assessment.
2. Teach new terms (thank you, you’re welcome, I’m sorry, that’s all right). Take notes. Pair practice.
3. Brainstorm a skit. Write out the script with your partnerr. Highlight your part. Present it next Monday.
4. Pass out the reading packet. Popcorn reading. Fill in the blank for questions.