Procedure for HS 1P (2/27/09)
Objectives: 1) Students will work on their letter to the pen pal in China. 2) Students will review verbs.
功課: Finalize your letters (pictures and drawings).
1. 1) Check your H/W (2 copies of letters). 2) Audacity program issue.
2. Continue the Verbs handout.
3. Pair activity: make 10 sentences with learned verbs (at least 5 characters per sentence). Collect.
4. 1) Charades game. 2) 10 questions, if time allows.
Procedure for HS 2P/5P (2/27/09)
Objectives: 1) Students will finish up their PowerPoint presentation. 2) Students will continue to learn characters in lesson 8. 3) Students will review Chinese terms through a guessing game activity.
功課: Review lesson 8 all characters/phrases.
1. 1) Check your H/W WB pages. 2) Check key to the WB pages. 3) Audacity program issue.
2. Finish up PowerPoint presentation (2P: Kevin, Stephen, Ryan. 9P: Michael, Zachary, Nate).
3. Learn new characters (會, 說, 語, 咦, 點).
4. Group activity: 10 questions game.
Procedure for MS 3P/5P (2/27/09)
Objective: Students will learn Chinese terms for body parts through two games.
H/W: Bring in your art supplies and/or index cards.
1. Art project due in class next Monday.
2. Practice your oral presentation with another partner.
3. Review terms for body parts. Song time (Head and shoulder, Knee, and Toes).
4. Game time (Simon Says, Who’s the Leader, 20 questions).