Procedure for HS 1P/2P/9P (4/30/09)
Objective: Students will demonstrate their fluency of text passages through the Audacity recording.
H/W: Study for your quiz (Chinese I and II) and work on skit (Chinese II only).
1. 1) Wait patiently for your drawing of passages. 2) (1P only) Ms. Chang checks your WB H/W for completion. Will go over the key tomorrow. 3) Ms. Chang will inform you of your missed work.
2. Application form for Chinese Immersion Summer Camp is available. Ask for a copy if you are interested. Please turn in within a week because Ms. Chang needs time to write a letter of recommendation for you.
3. Only Chinese-related Websites are permitted if you are done with your recording.
Procedure for MS 3P (4/30/09)
Objectives: 1) Students get to know their teacher and teacher gets to know her students. 2) Students will learn the expectations in this class.
H/W: 1) Signature slip. 2) Students Inventory sheet.
1. Sit on your assigned seat, please.
2. Pass out/Go over Ms. Chang’s Grading Policy & Classroom Rules.
3. Pass out/Go over the Student Inventory sheet.
Procedure for MS 5P (4/30/09)
Objectives: 1) Students will start learning Chinese basic greeting terms. 2) Students will learn Chinese Pinyin system.
H/W: Review terms learned today.
1. Collect H/W (signature slip, Student Inventory).
2. Pass out/Go over the Exploratory Chinese Pinyin handout.
3. Review terms learned from Tuesday (Ni Hao, Zai Jian). Pass out Unit 1: Basic Greetings handout. Learn three terms (Ni Shi, Wo Shi, Zhang Lao Shi) today. Pair practice.
4. Group activity: Building community (practice saying terms and share interests).