Procedure for HS 1P (4/8/09)
Objectives: 1) Students will have the ability to hold a basic conversation when visiting a Chinese family. 2) Students will read background information about The Joy Luck Club to prepare for future activities.
1. 1) Collect permission slip. 2) Turn in your character H/W.
2. Learn near characters (住, 皇, 后, 街, 碼).
3. Activity time. 1) Excuses. 2) When are you free? 3) What’s your phone number?
(釣魚, 唱歌, 騎車, 放風箏, 跳舞, 看電影, 聽音樂, 踢足球, etc)
A: 對不起, 我沒空, 我要……
(和媽媽去買東西, 下棋, 睡覺,. 在家看電視, 做功課, 去朋友家, etc)
When are you free?
Q: 你星期一 (二, 三, 四, 五, 六, 天, 日) 晚上有空嗎?
A: 1) 有 2) 對不起, 我沒空, 我要去
What’s your phone number?
Procedure for HS 2P/9P (4/8/09)
Objectives: 1) Students will learn body parts and descriptive words to describe physical appearance. 2) 2) Students will read background information about The Joy Luck Club to prepare for future activities.
- 1) Collect permission slip. 2) Return your H/W papers. 3) Take one copy of body parts handout.
- Learn new characters (頭, 髮, 耳, 朵, 臉).
- Activity time: 1) Make sentences: Describe physical appearance with descriptive words. 2) Make sentences to talk about yourself (passing a ball to take turns).
Procedure for MS 3P/5P (4/8/09)
Objectives: 1) Students will learn body parts for game and song. 2) Students will review art project samples for their project ideas. 3) Students will complete their oral presentation draft and practice their oral presentation.
1. 1) Makeup test? 2) Makeup work? 3) Pass back/collect quiz papers.
2. (3P only) Complete the last three sentences. Collect.
3. Showcase art project samples for ideas.
4. Pass out the body parts handout. Go over the terms.
5. Introduce “Head, shoulder, knees, and toe” song and “Who’s the leader?” game.
6. Song time/game time.