HS 1P/9P (9/30/09) Procedure
Objectives: 1) Students review blending of consonants/vowels. 2) Students continue to learn Chinese characters for math operators.
Homework: 1) Three new characters, one row each. 2) WB pages 20-21.
1. 1) Work on WB pages 17/19 while Ms. Chang checks completeness of your WB homework assignment. 2) (1P only) Pass back Audacity slip/papers. 3) At students’ request, first Chinese club meeting is rescheduled to next Tuesday afternoon at room 29. Due: $5. 4) Introduce website, http://ecl.iflytek.com for practice reading (Internet Explorer as browser only).
2. Go over d/t/n/l consonants handout. Dictation.
3. Learn four characters (乘, 除, 以). Read text pages 20 as a class.
HS 2P (9/30/09) Procedure
Objectives: 1) Chinese III students take a quiz today. 2) Chinese II students continue lesson 1.
Homework: Chinese II/III: 生字 一行.
1. 1) Check progress book for your missing assignments (5-sentence paragraph, audacity recording, skit, etc). 2) First Chinese club meeting is rescheduled to next Tuesday after school at room 29. Due: $5.
2. Chinese II: 1) Go over supplementary term handouts (Section I: #3, 4; Section II: #1-6; Section III: #1-13; Section IV: #1-3). 2) Learn new characters (錯, 後, 星, 期, 釣). 4) Study/read lesson 1 text pages 1-2.
3. Chinese III: 1) Quiz #4. 2) Practice skit. 3) Study Lesson 9 new characters (雨, 雪, 刮, 風, 氣).
Objectives: 1) Students continue to work on their oral presentation draft. 2) Students learn supplementary terms for their oral presentation.
Homework: review all 11 colors.
1. Quick review (11 colors).
2. Teach supplementary terms for animals and colors (gold, silver).
3. Teach and draft two sentences (phone numbers and address).
4. (5P only) Finish up the game: Pin the Tails on the Donkey.
5. (5P only) Culture reading: zodiac placemat and superstition.