HS 1P/9P (10/7/09) Procedure
Objectives: Students will be able to learn/use basic greetings, gain knowledge of the structure and functions of Chinese names and the way Chinese students address their teachers.
Homework: 1) Practice blending of (g, k, h, j, q, x). 2) One row for each new character (你, 我, 好, 是, 再, 見).
1. 1) Makeup test (1P: Melissa, Ericka). 2) Pass back papers. 3) Lesson 2/Blending quiz is on next Tuesday (10/13) or Monday, October 19. Audacity recording/Typing Chinese characters is on next Thursday (10/15).
3. Teach new characters (你, 我, 好, 是, 再, 見).
4. Class work in pairs: WB pages 1-4. Show your work to Ms. Chang for grades. Check answers tomorrow. Due at the end of the class tomorrow.
5. Read text page 15, it time allows.
HS 2P (10/7/09) Procedure
Objectives: 1) Chinese II students will be able to talk about dates, days of the week, birthdays and to ask for permission. 2) Chinese III students will be able to talk about the weather, the duration and characteristics of the seasons and to understand a simple weather report.
Homework: 1) Chinese II: Review for your quiz tomorrow. 2) Chinese III: Practice for your skit presentation / 生字一行 (陰, 最, 高, 溫, 度)
1. 1) Makeup test (Zachary this afternoon). 2) Chinese Club’s 2nd meeting: next Monday (10/12). 3) Audacity recording (Lesson 1 and Lesson 9) on next Thursday (10/15). 4) Chinese II: take one Lesson 1 Study Guide slip. Lesson 1 quiz part I tomorrow. Part II on Friday.
2. Chinese II: 1) Ms. Chang checks your WB pages 6-7. 2) Matching activity. 3) Study sentence patterns on text pages 5-8 and supplementary terms on 10. 4) Read text pages 12-15 as a class. 5) Check answers to WB pages 6-7.
3. Chinese III: 1) Teach new characters. 2) Read/explain text passages on 106-107. 3) Go over supplementary terms.
MS 3P/5P (10/7/09) Procedure
Objective: Students will apply 10 related Chinese terms in their art project/technology project.
Homework: Practice oral presentation for tomorrow.
1. 1) Return all papers. 2) Makeup work (3P: Jake)
2. Work on art project. Due at the end of the class. Collect.
3. Practice your oral presentation, if you are done with your art project.