HS 1P/9P (10/8/09) Procedure
Objectives: 1) Students will be able to learn/use basic greetings, gain knowledge of the structure and functions of Chinese names and the way Chinese students address their teachers. 2) Students will learn compound vowels today.
Homework: 1) Complete WB 1-4. Bonus point for page 2. 2) Practice blending of (ai, ei, ao).
1. 1) Makeup test (1P: Ericka). 2) Turn in your 6-character homework. 3) Lesson 2/Blending quiz is on next Tuesday (10/13) or Monday, October 19. Audacity recording/Typing Chinese characters is on next Thursday (10/15).
2. Dictation (你, 我, 好, 是, 再, 見).
3. Class work in pairs: WB pages 1-4. Show your work to Ms. Chang for grades. Due at the beginning of the class tomorrow.
4. Teach compound vowels (ai, ei, ao)
HS 2P (10/8/09) Procedure
Objectives: 1) Chinese II students will show their proficiency in dates/weekdays and prepare for quiz tomorrow. 2) Chinese III students perform a skit of dining out and continue to learn terms about the weather, the duration and characteristics of the seasons and to understand a simple weather report.
Homework: 1) Chinese II: Review for your quiz part II tomorrow. 2) Chinese III: 生字一行 / Text passages on pages 105-108.
1. Chinese II: 1) Quick review. 2) Take quiz #4 Part I. 3) Pair work: Read text pages 1-4 / WB pages 6-7.
2. Chinese III: 1) Turn in your character homework. 2) Write a card to Dana. Collect. 3) Skit performance. 4) Write new characters (預, 報, 死, 又, 停).
MS 3P/5P (10/8/09) Procedure
Objective: Students will present their oral presentation to introduce themselves.
1. Collect makeup work (art project), if any.
2. Oral presentation.