HS 1P/9P (10/20/09) Procedure
Objective: Students will review consonants, vowels, and Lesson 2 for quiz tomorrow.
Homework: Review for your quiz tomorrow.
1. 1) (1P only) Pass back all your papers/audacity rubric for your reference. Collect audacity rubric. 2) Take one Lesson two study guide.
2. Go over key to WB pages (10, 12, 13). Give more examples to these applications.
3. Go over study guide. Go over sample questions.
4. Read textbook 10-15 as a class.
6. Study time / Questions for Ms. Chang?
HS 2P (10/20/09) Procedure
Objectives: 1) Chinese II students will be able to communicate about time, daily routines, and to express opinions about time. 2) Chinese III students will be able to talk about the weather, the duration and characteristics of the seasons and to understand a simple weather report.
Homework: 1) Chinese II: 生字一行; pen pal letter due this Friday. 2) Chinese III: making sentences.
1. 1) Pass back/review your audacity rubric. Collect. 2) No makeup work is accepted after this Friday.
2. Chinese II: 1) Take one copy of Lesson Two Supplementary Material handout, one set of Chinese character list, and one pen pal letter checklist. 2) Read checklist yourself. Ask questions. 3) Learn new characters (功, 課, 放, 風, 箏). 4) Browse through sentence patterns on textbook page 21-23. Three major sections: What are you doing? What time is it? What is your daily routine? 5) Browse through Supplementary Material handout.
3. Chinese III: 1) Take one copy of Lesson 9 Weather report checklist / Rubric. Due next Monday. Lesson 9 Quiz next Monday (10/26). Go over the checklist. 2) Make sentences (但是, 又…又… , 令人/(pronoun), …到…, 最(高) …最(低)…大概, 還…). Go over all sample sentences. Due tomorrow.
MS 3P/5P (10/20/09)
Objectives: 1) Students will gain knowledge about Chinese language, writing language, pronunciation. 2) Students will demonstrate their mastery of basic greetings through a skit presentation.
1. Collect any makeup work, if any (5-sentence paragraph, signature slip, Student Inventory, reading packet, etc).
2. Pair activity: write your skit with at least 7 different greeting terms. Presentation. Collect your skit script.
3. Quick review. Quiz.
4. Culture reading (country, language, writing language).