HS 1P/9P (10/22/09)
Objective: 1) Students will start lesson 4 today. 2) Students will view several student sample work from last year’s Chinese painting class.
Homework: one row each for 5 new characters.
1. 1) Take one set of Lesson 4 character list and last group of consonants. 2) For juniors and seniors only, apply OSU program for overseas online chatting. Ms. Chang will forward the e-mail to whoever interested in it. You need my recommendation to participate.
2. Teach new characters (誰, 馬, 克, 她, 啊).
3. Teach consonants (zh, ch, sh, r, c, s, z).
4. Cute video clip/Show and tell: art work samples.
HP 2P (10/22/09)
Objectives: 1) Chinese II students will be able to tell time in various ways. 2) Chinese III students will work on their weather report, brochure, or forecast at media center.
Homework: Chinese II: 生字一行 (點, 分, 半, 刻, 差). Pen pal letter due tomorrow.
Chinese II: 1) No fancy clothes tomorrow. 2) Turn in your 5-character homework (棋, 看, 漫, 畫, 寫). 3) For juniors and seniors only, apply OSU program for online chatting overseas. Circulate program information and application form. Ms. Chang will forward the e-mail to whoever interested in it. You need my recommendation to participate. 4) Q/A session. 5) Go over/reteach learned characters with common mistakes (畫, 寫, 箏). 6) Learn 5 more characters (點, 分, 半, 刻, 差). 7) Teach time format with examples. 8) Go over common mistakes in your 5-sentence paragraph. 9) Pair activity: practice saying various times (9:30, 9:20, 12:45, 3:15. 5:00).
MS 3P/5P (10/22/09)
Objectives: 1) Students will learn numbers 6-10 today. 2) Students will continue to learn Chinese writing system through a culture reading activity. 3) Students will finish up their paper cutting activity.
Homework: Review 10 terms (1-10).
1. 1) Check H/W (12 index cards). 2) Quick review (1-5).
2. Teach new terms (6-10) w/Chinese characters.
3. Finish 2nd paper pattern cutting. Collect two products as your participation grades.
4. Culture reading (Chinese characters). Learn 5 Chinese characters (sun/day, moon/month, mountain, tree, people/person).