HS 1P/9P (10/28/09)
Objective: 1) Students will identify someone, state his/her age, and welcome the person. 2) Students will acquire the knowledge of Chinese attitude towards age and the Chinese customs for celebrating birthdays.
Homework: 1) One row for each character (今, 年, 幾, 歲, 兩). 2) Review consonants.
1. 1) Turn in your 5-character writing assignment (歡, 迎, 請, 進, 謝). 2) Audacity recording is on 11/10 (1P is at media center, 2P and 9P are at Dell Lab 2nd floor).
3. Teach new characters (今, 年, 幾, 歲, 兩). Q/A activity. (我是 < name>, 我……. 歲 < years old>, 他 / 她是 …… < someone >, 你是誰? < Who are you? > 你幾歲 ? < How old are you>. Throw your ball.
HS 2P (10/28/09)
Objectives: 1) Chinese III students will demonstrate their proficiency of using terms to express weather conditions. 2) Chinese II students will describe their daily routine with action words and time expressions.
Homework: 1) Chinese II students: Draft your daily routine (早上, 中午, 下午, 晚上). Due tomorrow. 2) Chinese III students: Practice your skit for presentation on next Wednesday.
1. Chinese II: 1) Turn in your characters homework (起, 床, 睡, 覺, 該). Ms. Chang checks your completeness of WB page 10. 2) Audacity recording on 11/10. 3) Check key to WB page 10. 4) Read textbook pages 16-17 to a partner. 5) Matching activity. 6) Listen to CD/WB page 9 Section A.
2. Chinese III: 1) Read textbook pages 105-108. 2) Matching/Typesetting activities.
MS 3P/5P (10/28/09)
Objective: Students will wrap up number unit by taking a quiz and a connecting the dots activity. Homework: N/A
1. 1) Practice classroom expressions. 2) Return papers (reading packet, character homework, quiz paper, etc). 3) Quick review (numbers and characters).
2. Quiz #2 (numbers).
3. (5P only) Culture reading: Lucky numbers and unlucky numbers.
4. Connecting the Dot activity. Collect.
5. Prepare papers for origami tomorrow.
6. (5P only) Make pinwheel.