HS 1P/9P (11/17/09)
Objectives: 1) Students will continue the review of all learned sounds. 2) Students will be able to identify objects used at school.
Homework: 1) At least one question for our guest speaker. 2) Practice reading sentences.
1. 1) Model common mistakes (筆, 橡, 皮, 這). 2) Guest speaker will be with us in early December. Please write down at least a question for her. Due tomorrow.
2. 1) Q/A session? => Read Review Sounds sentences and practice sentence pattern (這是…). 2) Matching activity/puzzle.
3. Pass back papers (audacity, 5-sentence paragraph, etc).
4. Continue Review Sounds #1 handout.
HS 2P (11/17/09)
Objectives: 1) Chinese II students will describe relative position of things. 2) Chinese III students will express their school life experience (subjects).
功課: At least one question for guest speaker. 1) 中文二學生: 生字一行 (間, 臥, 室, 廳, 廚). 2) 中文三學生: Read text page 1, 2, & 7.
1. 中文二學生: 1) Turn in your 6-character homework. 2) Check completeness of WB assignment. 3) Return all papers. 4) Model new characters (花, 園, 池, 陽, 台, 庫). 5) Q/A session (objects and seating chart). Go over common mistakes (reversed order, etc). 6) Learn new characters (間, 臥, 室, 廳, 廚).
2. 中文三學生: 1) Work on WB pages 1-2 based on your schedule. Check at the end of the class period. 2) Read textbook pages 1, 2 and 7 in pairs. 3) Study Supplementary Terms handout independently.
MS 3P/5P (11/17/09)
Objectives: 1) 3P Students will learn body part terms for games and song. 2) 5P students will play with Tangram pieces.
1. 1) Go over common pronunciation mistakes in oral presentation. 2) Practice reading all ten sentences. Q/A session. 3) Finish art project in class. Due at the end of the class period.
2. (3P only) Pass out/go over all body parts handout.
3. (3P only) Sing song “Head, Shoulder, Knee and Toe” and play “Simon Says” game.
4. (5P) Continue tangram pieces.
5. (3P only) DVD: Chinese Civilization and Arts, if time allows.