HS 1P/9P (11/20/09)
Objectives: Students will be able to hold simple conversations in the class.
Homework: 1) Study for quiz (Lesson 5 and front/back nasal sounds) on next Tuesday. 2) WB pages 27-29 if you did not finish in class.
1. 1) Turn in your 5-character (的, 概, 客, 氣, 嗎) homework. 2) Missing work 1P: (Maggie-characters/audacity, Erica-character/audacity/skit, Ashley—skit/audacity); 9P (Jeremie—audacity; Cory: audacity/skit; Eddie-skit). Complete everything before tomorrow; otherwise no credit. 3) Audacity recording on 12/7, covering Lesson 5 text and Review Sounds #1. 4) Vote for test day!! Next Tuesday (11/24) or the Monday after Thanksgiving break (11/30)? => 11/24.
2. Reach textbook pages 34-35.
4. Continue/Sound out loud Review Sounds #1 (Sentences #13-#20).
5. Class work: WB pages 27-29: Sections A-D.
HS 2P (11/20/09)
Objectives: 1) Chinese II students will be able to talk about their home environment, including their dwelling, rooms and furniture. 2) Chinese III students will be able to describe the locations of places.
功課: 1) 中文二: Draft of diagram/description of your floor plan. Due on 11/23. 2) 中文三: WB pages 5/7.
1. 中文二: 1) Turn in your 5-character homework (沙, 發, 唱, 歌, 夜). 2) Missing work (Kevin: audacity/pen pal letter; Jae-Min: Pen pal letters). 3) Preview/Read textbook page 34. 4) Writing task—draw a simple diagram showing your house/apartment diagram (If it is a 2-story house, then 2 floor plans); write down details of all rooms and relative positions. Use textbook page 31 as your reference.
2. 中文三學生: 1) Turn in your 5-character homework (計, 算, 記, 樓, 棟). Lesson One part I test right after Thanksgiving? => Yes. 2) Model/Learn new characters (計, 算, 記, 樓, 棟). 3) Read textbook page 1, 2, 3, & 7. 4) Study WB pages 5/7 together.
MS 3P/5P (11/20/09)
Objectives: Students will present their oral presentation to showcase their Chinese learning.
Homework: 5-sentence paragraph describing your plans during the Thanksgiving break.
1. (5P) 1) Oral presentation. 2) Showcase art project (PowerPoint presentations and movie).
2. (3P) 1) Culture reading: Chinese festivals, Chinese School System. 2) Game time: Follow the leader.