HS 1P/9P (11/23/09)
Objective: Students will review for quiz on next Monday.
Homework: 1) Study for your quiz on next Monday. 2) 5-sentence paragraph describing your Thanksgiving break. Due on next Monday (11/30).
1. 1) Return all papers. 2) Take one copy of Lesson 5 Study Guide. 3) Guest speaker on 12/3 for 1P and on 12/8 for 9P students. Audacity recording on 12/7 (Lesson 5 whole text and Review Sounds #1—random drawing of 3 sentences). 4) Ms. Chang checks completeness of WB pages 27-29. 5) Bonus points for your 5-sentence paragraph about this past weekend, if you turn it in.
2. Class work: WB pages 30-31: Sections E/F.
3. Individual/Pair activity: making sentences with magnetic Chinese characters.
HS 2P (11/23/09)
Objectives: 1) Chinese II students will be able to talk about their home environment, including their dwelling, rooms and furniture. 2) Chinese III students will be able to describe the locations of places.
功課: 1) 中文二: 生字一行 (極, 拳, 視, 機). 2) 中文三: 1) 生字一行 (政, 禮, 堂, 校, 先). 2) Study for your Lesson One part I quiz on 12/1.
1. 1) Mr. Bennett comes on 12/2. 2) Guest speaker on 12/3. 3) Audacity recording on 12/7. 4) Ms. Chang returns all papers. 5) Turn in your 5-sentence paragraph about this past weekend for bonus points.
2. 中文二: 1) Read your draft of floor plan/paragraph to a partner. 2) Pair reading: text pages 29-31. 3) Write new characters (極, 拳, 視, 機). 4) Study text page 34. 5) Q/A session by Ms. Chang.
3. 中文三學生: 1) Ms. Chang checks the completeness of your WB pages 5/7. 2) Lesson One part I quiz is on 12/1. 3) Q/A session by Ms. Chang. 4) Individual/Pair activities: course schedule / test results. 5) Learn new characters (政, 禮, 堂, 校, 先).
MS 3P/5P (11/23/09)
Objectives: Students will present their oral presentation to showcase their Chinese learning.
1. Monday sharing: your Thanksgiving break plan. Turn in your 5-sentence paragraph.
2. Finish up oral presentation (3P: Julia; 5P: Tyler, Lauren, Allie, Matt).
3. (5P) Pass out/learn body parts handout.
4. Culture reading: Housing and Family Size.
5. Game time: 1) Simon Says. 2) Follow the Leader.
6. Song time: Head and Shoulder, Knee and Toe.