HS 1P/9P (1/6/10)
Objectives: 1) Students will review for semester exam and audacity. 2) Students will learn to talk about their pets and gain an understanding of the Chinese zodiac.
Homework: Practice Lesson 6, Review Sounds #2, & oral test questions/answers.
1. 1) Turn in your New Year’s Resolutions. 2) Take one copy of Lesson 6 text. 3) Return all papers.
2. 1) Read Lesson 6 as a class. 2) Read Review Sounds #2.
3. Go over Conversation questions handout (#9-#15).
4. Teach new characters (匹, 馬).
HS 2P (1/6/10)
Objectives: 1) Students will review for semester exam. 2) Chinese II students will be able to talk about clothing, including colors and types of clothes. 3) Chinese III students will take Lesson One Part II quiz today. They will learn to talk about modes of transportation and their use in Lesson Two.
功課: 1) 生字一行 2) Practice oral test questions/answers.
1. 1) Turn in your New Year’s Resolutions and character assignment. 2) Return papers.
2. Chinese II: 1) Go over Conversation questions #13-25. 2) Talk about common mistakes in character writing assignment. 3) Go over supplementary terms. 4) Make color flash cards. 5) Learn new characters (綠, 藍, 紫, 紅, 黃).
3. Chinese III: 1) Lesson One Part II quiz. 2) Go over Conversation questions. 3) Read text pages 18-19. 5) Study supplementary materials handout.
MS 3P/5P (1/6/10)
Objectives: 1) Students will finish first four-five sentences of their oral presentation. 2) Students will finish up unit #3 for quiz on Friday.
Homework: Review all learned terms (father, mother, older/younger brother, older/younger sisters, years old, family/house, have/has, people).
1. 1) (5P only) Return papers. 2) Quick review of learned terms.
2. Teach new terms (family/house, have/has, ge ren, birthday, year, month, day, and, de).
3. Teach Chinese calendar format.
4. (3P) Finish up draft sentence #3-4 (5P) Finish up draft sentences #4 & #5. Pair practice reading all five sentences.
5. Culture reading: Chinese calendar, official holidays, Chinese New Year.