HS 1P/9P (1/26/10)
Objective: 1) Students will continue learning lesson 7. 2) Students will practice conversation. 3) 1P students will gain knowledge about ancient Chinese cities.
Homework: 1) (9P only) One row for each character. 2) Read text pages 54-55 or 54-56.
1. 1) Scheduling Assemblies are on 1/29. 1P is for juniors, 2P for sophomore and 3P for freshmen in auditorium. CVCC students attend at 1P at LGI. 2) Course recommendation starts on 2/1. Reserve last 5 minutes to sign up your schedule. 3) Change seats. Draw your stick. 4) (1P only) Return papers. 5) Check your grades after class.
2. (1P) 1) Review learned characters (狗, 貓, 鳥, 金, 魚, 匹, 條, 隻, 馬). 2) Teach new character (寵, 物, 可, 愛). 2) DVD: China: From Past to Present: Life in the Ancient Capital Cities.
3. (9P) 1) Review learned characters (狗, 貓, 鳥, 金, 魚, 匹, 條, 隻, 馬, 寵, 物, 可, 愛, 兇). 2) Teach new character (大, 小, 很, 真). 3) Read text pages 54-56. 4) Practice conversation question. 5) Sing the song.
HS 2P (1/26/10)
Objective: 1) Chinese II students will be able to talk about clothing, including colors and types of clothes. 2) Chinese III students will be able to talk about modes of transportation and what mode of transportation they use in commune between school/home.
Homework: 1) 生字一行. 2) Chinese III: making sentences. 3) Memorize terms (Chinese II: colors, clothing items; Chinese III: transportation vehicles, adverb terms for time).
1. 1) Scheduling Assemblies with extended HR on 1/29. 1P is for juniors, 2P for sophomore and 3P for freshmen in auditorium. CVCC students attend at 1P at LGI. 2) Course recommendation starts on 2/1. Reserve last 5 minutes to sign up your schedule. 3) Change seats. Chinese III: assigned seats. Chinese II: draw your stick. Reserve seats for Brianna and Leshe. 4) Check your grades after class.
2. Chinese II: 1) Mini quiz #1 (11 colors) on 1/28. Mini quiz #2 (clothes items) on 2/3. Bring in your flash cards for informal assessment for the next three days. 3) Questions on pen pal letters? Ask! Get bonus points if you submit the correspondence e-mails/letters between/among you and your pen pals. 4) Independent study: memorize all 11 colors, learn new characters (裝, 襯, 衫, 褲, 先), read supplementary terms, study text page 43. 5) Ms. Chang goes over supplementary terms and read text page 43.
3. Chinese III: 1) Mini quiz #1 (all transportation vehicles) on 1/29. Mini quiz #2 (adverbs for time descriptions) on 2/3. 2) Ms. Chang reviews/continues supplementary terms. 3) Go over/Read text page 18-19. 3) Independent study: learn new characters (鐘, 敢, 摩, 托, 要), making 3 sentences with 從….到sentence pattern – It is twenty miles from school to my house. / There are six months from January to June. / It is seven hours from seven o’clock in the morning to two o’clock in the afternoon. 4) Pen pal letter project? Topics will be given tomorrow.
MS 3P/5P (1/26/10)
Objectives: Students and teacher get to know one another and expectations.
Homework: 1) Signature slips due on Thursday (1/28). 2) Student Inventory due tomorrow (1/27). 3) Quiz #1 next Friday (2/5). First 5-sentence paragraph is due on next Monday (2/1).
1. Sit on your assigned seat, please.
2. Pass out Ms. Chang’s Classroom Rules and Grading Policy. Go over Classroom Rules today.
3. Pass out/Go over/work on the Student Inventory. Collect, if any.