HS 1P/9P (3/9/10)
Objectives: Students will get to review their test papers and listening comprehension.
Homework: Revise your PowerPoint draft and Lessons 8/9 skit draft . Due on this Thursday.
1. 1) Turn in your interview paragraph, revised PP draft, skit draft or listening comprehension sheet. Ms. Chang passes back all papers (PP draft, skit draft, audacity, listening comprehension, Lesson 8 test). 2) MS students will not have Chinese class the entire week during OGT week (3/15-3/19). All homework will be posted on Ms. Chang’s blog. MS students will be expected to turn in all assignments when they return on 3/22/10. Due to delayed start at HS, Ms. Chang’s HS classes overlap with MS classes. HS students may have our HS teacher to cover for Ms. Chang for 2-3 days (?). It is 15 minutes/per period for the entire week. 3) Make an appointment with Ms. Chang for your audacity grades, if needed..
2. Go over common audacity mistakes (中, 國, 真, 會, 說, 也, 請, 問, 得).
3. Go over common PP mistakes (No “是” before ages; no “的” before close family members; 今年 not 金年; 他/她/牠/祂 all mix up; 哪/那國人; someone < language > 說得很好 => < someone > 會說 < language > => someone’s < language > 很好).
4. Go over Lesson 8 writing section answers.
5. Go over Listening comprehension 4 lessons.
6. Questions on PP/skit drafts?
HS 2P (3/9/10)
Objectives: 1) Chinese II students will complete their skit performance and start Lesson 5 today. 2) Chinese III students will work on their skit and start Lesson 3 today. 3 dialogues in the audio files.
1. 1) Turn in your Listening comprehension (Kevin, Kirsten, Josiah, Leshe, Sara, Zachary, Brianna). 2) Get one set of new character list. Stroke orders for new characters will be posted in Ms. Chang’s daily blog. 3) Ms. Chang is not available this afternoon (staff meeting) and Thursday afternoon (workshop).
2. 中文二: 1) Browse through lesson 5 for new characters, paragraph titles w/text passages, sentence patterns. 2) Finish up skit performance. 3) Learn new characters (錢, 塊, 頂, 帽, 香).
3. 中文三 : 1) Lesson Two listening comprehension test. 2) Browse through lesson 3 for new characters, paragraph titles w/text passages, sentence patterns. 3) Work on your skit. Due on this Friday. 3) Learn new characters (無, 聊, 節, 目, 表).
MS 3P/5P (3/9/10)
Objectives: Students will learn basic greetings and introduction to Chinese phonetic system.
Homework: Review all five (Ni Hao, Ni Shi, Wo Shi, Lao Shi, Zai Jian)
1. 1) Collect Signature slip, if any. 2) Due to OGT, 3P students may have sub teachers cover Ms. Chang next week. 3) Quick review.
2. Go over Hanyu Pinyin handout.
3 Teach (Zai Jian, Lao Shi).
4. Building community activity.