Procedure for HS 1P (11/16/10)
Objectives: 1) Students will continue to complete their Lesson Four chapter test. 2)
Homework: Complete definitions for new characters.
- 1) Take one copy of Lesson Five characters worksheet. 2) Missing work (Darian/Abby—worksheet, skit). 3) Return Lesson Four characters worksheet. 4) Showcase one MS video clip. 5) Audio files for Lesson Five were sent to you on Sunday. Make good use of them, please.
- 1) Dictation. 2) Complete Lesson Four chapter test: blending section.
- Go over common writing mistakes (啊, 進, 快).
- Go over study strategies for pronunciation and making sentences.
- Introduce a website tool: www.cozyChinese.com (Convert utility).
Procedure for HS 2P (11/16/10)
目標: 1) Students will start a new movie unit today. 2) Students will continue to acquire new characters.
功課: 1) Write new characters. 2) Start to fill out discussion questions.
- 1) Ms. Chang checks completeness of WB page 4. 2) Go over answer key to WB page. 3) Lesson Four chapter test Part I: Friday, 11/19. WB pages 1-4. 4) Missing work (Lauren/Leshe—WB page 2, conversation part: Trey, Josiah, Kaitlyn, Ben, Leshe). 5) Due date for movie discussion questions is Friday, 11/19.
- Teach new character (用).
- DVD: The Road Home.
Procedure for HS 9P (11/16/10)
Objectives: 1) Students will review materials for their Lesson Three quiz #2 on Friday. 2) Students will be able to practice simple conversation to express where objects are in a house.
功課: WB pages 23/25.
1. 1) Return papers. 2) Ms. Chang checks completeness of WB pages 19-20. 3) Go over answer key to WB pages. 4) Showcase exemplary work (Heidi, Antonio). 5) Can ask Bailey, Heidi, Antonio, and Benita questions about sentence patterns. 6) Show Chinese Club cooking lesson pictures.
2. Quick review (花園/园, 公寓, 洋房, 陽/阳台, 卧/臥室/房, 洗衣房, 廁/厕所, 浴室, 電視機, 電冰箱, 洗衣機, 沙發, 水床, 電話, 新的, 舊的, 破的, 壞的).
3. Listening activity: WB page 18 Section A. Go over answer key to WB page.
4. Simple conversation questions.
Procedure for MS 3P (11/16/10)
Objectives: 1) Students will review all sentences for their oral presentation on Thursday, 11/18. 2) Students will learn what activities Chinese classes have.
Homework: 1) Complete your art project. 2) Practice reading your ten sentences.
- 1) Showcase Chinese tea set. 2) Continue to go over oral presentation sentences. Questions?
- Introduce Chinese HS/MS class (PPT) + Chinese Club activities.
Procedure for MS 5P (11/16/10)
Objectives: 1) Students will gain cultural knowledge about Chinese age and birthday celebration tradition. 2) Students will be able to acquire new characters in Lesson Five.
Homework: 1) Write new characters. 2) Practice reading Lesson Four passages.
1. 1) Captains checks completeness of characters worksheet. 2) Showcase Chinese Club activity: cooking lesson on 11/12.
2. Culture reading: text passages on pages 28-31. Questions/Answers session.
3. Learn new characters (筆, 毛, 書, 包).