Procedure for HS 1P (1/27/11)
Objectives: 1) Students will be able to practice their listening, read and speaking skills through reading passages and practicing conversation.
Homework: WB page 36.
1. 1) Take one oral presentation simple checklist. 2) Return your family paragraph and WB. 3) Lesson Six chapter test: Monday, 2/7/11. 4) Makeup work (Ellen: video quiz; Paul: WB pages 34/37). Check Jason/Seth/Ellen’s WB. 5) Makeup WB page 35 by this Friday. No penalty. 6) Quick review (和, 也, 工, 護, 士, 爸, 媽, 哥, 弟, 姊, 姐, 妹, 的, 家, 有, 個, 今, 年, 歲, 醫, 沒).
2. 1) Song time. 2) Quick reading text passages on pages 43-44. 3) Round robin reading & Conversation Q/A session (Juniors only).
Procedure for HS 2P (1/27/11)
目標: 1) Students will be able to polish their listening skill through review session. 3) Students will be able to acquire new terms and sentence patterns.
功課: WB page 18 #1-7.
1. 1) Ms. Chang checks/corrects your WB page 17. 2) Song time. 3) Round robin read text passage on page 18 (Ben). 4) Practice sentence patterns (從A 到B <mode of transportation > 要多久? = 從A <mode of transportation > 到B要多久?)
2. Compare two sentence patterns: 要多久? <=> 有多久了?
3. Listening activity: Ni Hao 1. Check comprehension.
4. Teach new terms (只要, 只有, 沒, 趕上, 因為…..所以).
Procedure for HS 9P (1/27/11)
Objectives: 1) Students will be able to learn modifiers to describe how clothes fit themselves. 2) Students will be able to review previous lessons through listening activities.
Homework: 1) Study all clothes terms. 2) Write new characters.
1. 1) Makeup work (video quiz: Michaela, Jay, Benita; WB page 30: Benita, Jay, Michaela, Caelin, Eddie, Wyatt, Brad, Caitlin). 2) Lesson Four quiz #2 tomorrow. 20 terms. 3) Quick review (毛衣, 上衣, 大衣, 內衣, 外衣, 游泳衣, 外套, 手套, 裙子, 褲/裤子, 鞋子, 襪/袜子, 短褲/裤, 長褲/裤, 游泳褲/裤, 皮鞋, 球鞋, 西裝, 洋裝, 棉襖, 旗袍). 4) Song time (http://www.epochtimes.com/b5/9/1/24/n2408181.htm).
2. Teach new characters (寬, 窄, 合, 身) with term (合身).
3. Listening activity: (Lessons 1-2).
Procedure for MS 3P (1/27/11)
Objectives: 1) Students will be able to continue acquiring greeting terms. 2) Students will be able to finish up simple Chinese characters. 3) Students will be able to brainstorm ideas of their art projects.
Homework: 1) Review learned terms and characters. 2) Finish writing Chinese characters.
1. 1) Signature slip? 2) Makeup work (Kaylee, Kelley). 3) Quick review (Ni Hao, Ni Shi, Wo Shi, Zai Jian). 4) Building community activity.
2. Teach new terms (Zhang Lao Shi, Xie Xie, Bu Xie, Bu Ke Qi).
3. Culture reading: Language and writing.
4. Learn Chinese characters (sun, moon).
Procedure for MS 5P (1/27/11)
Objectives: Students will be able to practice their writing, speaking and listening skills through an interview activity.
Homework: 1) WB page 38. 2) Write new characters.
1. 1) Take one copy of oral presentation check list. 2) Captains checks WB page 36. 3) Quick review (和, 也, 工, 護, 士, 爸, 媽, 哥, 弟姊, 姐, 妹, 的, 家, 有, 個, 今, 年, 歲, 醫, 沒). 4) Missing family paragraphs found!! 5) Ms. Chang checks your WB page 35. 6) Share your WB page 36.
2. Teach usage of (叫, 姓, 名, 字) with terms (姓名, 名字).
3. 1) Song time. 2) Round robin reading. 3) Conversation practice.
4. Pair seat work: WB page 39. 1) Writing questions. 2) Interview/Survey.