Procedures for HS 1P, 2P, 9P and MS 5P (2/4/11)
Objective: Students will be able to wrap dumplings and cook pot-stickers to celebrate Chinese New Year.
1. Students report to your station. Follow the directions to 1) observation our guest teacher’s demonstration, 2) put on gloves, 2) boil water, 3) pan-fry pot stickers, 4) wrap dumplings, 5) cook dumplings, 6) enjoy food, and 7) clean up.
2. Chinese II students need to turn in WB page 31.
Procedure for MS 3P (2/4/11)
Objectives: 1) Students will be able to apply greeting terms they learn to a skit presentation. 2) Students will be able to acquire more greeting terms. 3) Students will be able to practice chopsticks. 4) Students will be able to gain historical/cultural knowledge about Chinese language pronunciation and publications.
Homework: Review all learned terms.
1. 1) Return your characters worksheet. Makeup work (7B students’ Cutting paper patterns + Liberty’s characters)? 2) Quick review of greeting terms (Ni Hao, Ni Shi, Wo Shi, Zai Jian, Zhang Lao Shi, Xie Xie, Bu Xie, Bu Ke Qi, Dui Bu Qi, Mei Guan Xi, Wu An, Wan An, Zao, Ni Zao, Zao An, Zao Shang Hao, Tong Xue Men Hao). 2) Quick review of Chinese characters (sun, moon, person/people, mountain, fire, tree, water, mouth).
2. Teach new terms (Shang Ke, Xia Ke, Qi Li, Jing Li).
3. Skit presentation.
4. Chopsticks practice.
5. Culture reading (page #4-#5). Showcase Chinese publications.