Procedure for HS 1P (2/11/11)
Objectives: 1) Students will be able to view pictures/video taken during the cooking lesson. 2) Students will be able to showcase their proficiency in answering questions about their name and family.
Homework: Study for audacity next Monday.
- 1) Return chapter test papers and characters worksheet. 2) Review ways to introduce names.
- 1) Round robin reading Lesson Six text passages. 2) Conversation question—introducing your name in at least two different ways.
- DVD: Seven Wonders of China: the Forbidden City.
Procedure for HS 2P (2/11/11)
目標: 1) Students will be able to showcase their mastery of Lesson Two part I content. 2) Students will be able to prepare for Amazing Race tasks.
功課: Study all school offices/subject classroom names.
- 1) Questions? 2) Lesson Two Quiz #1. 3) Check your WB page 21: #4-#5.
- 1) Take a bag of Tangram pieces for practice. 2) Pick out/label one cutting paper pattern for yourself and pick out one origami pattern for voting on next Monday. Practice on assembling tangram pieces.
Procedure for HS 9P (2/11/11)
Objectives: Students will be able to review for their Lesson Four Chapter test next Monday.
Homework: Study for chapter test!
- 1) Take one copy of Lesson Four Study Guide. 2) Return all HW papers. 3) Go over Study Guide.
- Review activities: 1) Writing. 2) Text passages pages 45-46.
- 1) Ms. Chang checks your WB page 33. Sharing your answers. 2) Slide show for cooking lesson.
- Video: China: From Past to Present—Life in the Ancient Capital Cities.
Procedure for MS 3P (2/11/11)
Objectives: 1) Students will be able to learn Chinese counting principle. 2) Students will be able to explore origami folk art today.
Homework: Review all learned terms.
- 1) Quick review (0-10, hundred unit) with Chinese characters. 2) Review simple pictograph characters. 3) Peer teaching (0, 9, 10, hundred) with Chinese characters. 4) Return papers (quiz #1, skit).
- 1) Teach Chinese counting principle. 2) Count from 0 to 100.
- Origami time (pinwheer).
Procedure for MS 5P (2/11/11)
Objectives: 1) Students will be able to showcase their mastery of Lesson Six materials. 2) Students will be able to watch two Chinese song videos.
- 1) Turn in your characters worksheet, please. 2) Missing paper (Keiichi/Kyle: Web quest). 3) Questions? 3) Missing/incomplete work (Brandon H., Alan, Anthony, Jacqueline, Cole).
- 1) Lesson Six Chapter test. 2) Return all papers (oral presentation/Web quest—count for class participation grade/audacity).
- Video: Chinese songs.