Procedure for HS 1P (2/14/11)
Objectives: 1) Students will be able to showcase their speaking fluency by making an audacity recording. 2) Students will be able to gain historical/cultural knowledge about China by doing a web quest. 3) Students will be able to polish their listening comprehension by listening to two audio files today.
Homework: Lesson Seven characters definitions.
- Take one headset, a copy of Lesson Seven characters worksheet, one copy of highlighted Lesson Six text passages for recording and one copy of Web quest / video questions.
- Complete your recording of highlighted text passages, save your file as < last name > Lesson Six and submit it under HS 1P folder under Ms. Chang’s folder in O drive.
- Go to Ms. Chang’s daily blog (http://staff.bbhcsd.org/changj/) for links to complete your Web quest and video questions. Collect.
- Go to P drive and click Ni Hao 1 game to review Lesson Six.
Procedure for HS 2P (2/14/11)
目標: 1) Students will be able to review Chinese II curriculum for Amazing Race. 2) Students will be able to learn how to make decisions regarding a meeting place.
功課: 1) Make two models. Due on Wednesday. 2) Review all direction-giving terms (往前走, 往後走, 往右轉, 往左轉, 往回走, 在馬路右邊, 在馬路左邊, 到十字路口, 就到了, 就在, 過, 十字路口, 紅綠燈).
- 1) Return quiz papers. 2) Models for Around the Town Project (郵局, 學校, 銀行, 醫院, 美術館, 飯館, 公園, 動物園, 科學館, 書店, 花店, etc.). 3) Pep rally is this Friday. Amazing Race moves to Thursday? ó Conversation questions / round-robin reading text passages on Friday (around the town)?
- Review 1) 水果: 蘋果, 香蕉, 橘子, 葡萄, 草莓, 鳳梨; 2) 衣服: 毛衣, 褲子, 鞋子, 襪子, 裙子, 襯衫, 洋裝, 西裝, 帽子, 旗袍, 外套, 棉襖, 短褲, T-恤; 3) 天氣: 下雨, 下雪, 刮大風, 雷陣雨, 陰天, 晴天, 春天, 夏天, 秋天, 冬天; 4) 錢: 塊, 毛, 分, 半, 零; 5) 時間: 點, 分, 半, 刻, 差; 6) stationary/supplies: 毛筆, 筆, 書, 橡皮, 字典, 計算機, 剪刀, 尺, 書包, 報紙, 地圖, 雜誌; 7) Tangram pieces; 8) Origami pieces; 9) cutting paper patterns.
- Quick review: 1) 在哪裡 < verb >? e.g., 在哪裡坐車? 在哪裡見面? ó < noun > 在哪裡? e.g., 圖書館在哪裡? 2) < 從 place 1 > 到 < place 2 > 怎麼走?
- Teach new characters (市, 心, 場, 逛, 街) with terms (市中心, 小心, 愛心, 中心, 行人, 市場, 逛街, 運動場, 棒球場, 足球場).
Procedure for HS 9P (2/14/11)
Objectives: Students will be able to showcase their mastery of Lesson Four.
功課: Lesson Five characters definitions.
- 1) Turn in your Lesson Four characters worksheet. 2) Take one copy of Lesson Five characters worksheet. 3) Questions? 4) Explanation (candy).
- Lesson Four chapter test.
Procedure for MS 3P (2/14/11)
Objectives: 1) Students will be able to explore the art of origami. 2) Students will be able to gain cultural/geographical information about Chinese scenic and historical sites. 2) Students will be able to review for quiz tomorrow by doing a connecting the dots activity.
Homework: Review numbers and characters (numbers + simple pictographs) for quiz tomorrow.
- 1) Quick review (yi, er, san, si, wu, liu, qi, ba, jiu, shi, ling, bai). 2) Review Chinese counting principle. 3) Check out character representation of numbers from 0 to 100. 4) Turn in your characters writing assignment tomorrow.
- Complete origami (gift box). Check for grade.
- Connecting the dots activity. Collect
Procedure for MS 5P (2/14/11)
Objectives: 1) Students will be able to share information about their family pets and describe how those pets are. 2) Students will be able to test their listening comprehension and historical knowledge about China.
Homework: 1) Lesson Seven characters definitions. 2) Write new characters.
- 1) Take one copy of Lesson Seven Characters worksheet and one copy of supplementary terms for animals. 2) Makeup test (Cole, Jubilee, Jordan, Jacqueline—helper: Mike). 3) Return papers (chapter test, worksheet, etc). 4) Go over common mistakes (白大三, 保羅, 士, 土, 人, 沒, 姓). 5) Check out model writing (Jacqueline, Genevieve, Collin, Mike). Deduct points for writing mistakes. 6) Browse through Lesson Seven for objectives.
- Chinese New Year celebration around the world (http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/02/chinese_new_year_2011.html?p1=Features_link4)
- DVD: Finish up “The Forbidden City”.
- Teach new characters (狗, 貓, 鳥, 金, 魚) with terms (金子).