Procedure for HS Chinese III/IV 1P (8/25/11)
Objectives: 1) I can follow Chinese III/IV class expectations. 2) I can apply commonly used question words/phrases in my daily conversation.
Homework: 1) Signature slip/supplies due on next Monday, 8/29/11. 2) A minimum of 10 sentences with 8 key question words/commonly used phrases. Typed in Chinese characters. Due on Monday, 8/29/11. Present on Wednesday and Thursday, 8/31/11 and 9/1/11.
1. 1) Take one copy of vocabulary worksheet. 2) Pass out Ni Hao 3 3rd edition workbook. 3) Collect emergency cards, forms, etc. 4) Pass out extra pen pal letters! Reply correspondence due on September 7.
2. Go over course syllabus (sections of classroom rules, cheating).
3. Go over commonly used phrases (什么时候, 怎么, 什么, 哪里, 谁, 谁的, 多少钱, 为什么). Pair activity: compile a dialogue including all these 8 terms.
Procedure for MS Exploratory Chinese 3P/5P (8/25/11)
Objectives: 1) I can explain what Hanyu Pinyin is. 2) I can say simple greeting terms.
Homework: Review learned greeting terms and Hanyu Pinyin handout.
1. 1) Ms. Chang collects Student Inventory if you have not turned in yet. 2) Go over daily routine + housekeeping + daily blog + Progressbook attachments.
2. Pass out and go over The Introduction to the Hanyu Pinyin/Basic Greeting Expressions handout.
3. Teach simple greeting terms (Ni Hao, Ni Shi, Wo Shi).
Procedure for MS Chinese I 2P/7P (8/25/11)
Objectives: 1) I can explain what Hanyu Pinyin is. 2) I can know Ms. Chang’s Classroom Rules and Grading Policy. 3) (2P) I can complete the Student Inventory worksheet.
Homework: 1) (2P) Student Inventory. Due tomorrow, 8/25/11. 2) Review Hanyu Pinyin handout and learned greeting terms.
1. (2P) Go over and fill in the Student Inventory. (7P) Ms. Chang collects Student Inventory if you have not turned in yet.
2. 1) Pass out and go over Chinese I course syllabus (section of classroom rules). 2) Pass out/go over the Parent Letter. Due on next Monday, 8/29. Add answers to two questions (why do you sign up Chinese class? What are your goals in this class?)
3. Pass out and go over the Introduction to the Hanyu Pinyin/Basic Greeting Terms handout.