Procedure for HS Chinese IV (10/31/11)—before school
目标 (MùBiāo): I can talk about illness, read medical instruction and write notes of absence.
功课: 1) Study reading passages for reading comprehension test next Wednesday. 2) Read text passages on pages 79-80 to Ms. Chang before the end of Tuesday/Thursday. 3) 5th skit draft due: Thursday, 11/3/11.
- 1) Free download for iPad / learn Chinese on iPad. Search keyword “chinesepad” in Apple App Store. 2) Teach new characters with terms (量, 肚, 拉, 瀉/泻, 體/体, 體/体溫, 肚子, 上學/学, 上班, 上廁/厕所, 上圖書館/图书馆, 拉肚子, 看醫/医生, 哪裡/里, 噴, 嚏, 咳, 嗽, 噴水, 噴香水, 噴水池, 打噴嚏, 咳嗽).
- Go over text passages on pages 79-80.
Procedure for HS Chinese III (10/31/11)
目标 (MùBiāo): 1) I can name common school subjects. 2) I can create a skit to talk about school subject and school life or to order/prepare meals.
功课: 1) Brainstorm/draft your skit. 2) Round robin reading pages 1-2: Wednesday. 3) Study your reading comprehension.
- 1) Makeup work (Melissa). 2) Free download for iPad / learn Chinese on iPad. Search keyword “chinesepad” in Apple App Store. 3) Lesson One vocabulary quiz.
- Video clips.
- Teach new characters with terms (细/細, 胞, 脑/腦, 聪/聰, 细/細胞, 头脑/頭腦 =脑/腦子, 电脑/電腦, 聪/聰明).
- 1) Go over possible choices. 2) Pair activity: Skit time. Draft Due: Thursday.
Procedure for MS Chinese I 2P/7P (10/31/11)
Objectives: 1) I can sight read Chinese text passages fluently. 2) I can review learned materials through interactive games and website tools. 3) I can acquire Chinese culture.
Homework: Study for Lesson Two chapter test.
- 1) Makeup work (Alex, Jonah, Joy—sight read sentences/WB pages10-13). 2) Take one microphone/headset, one copy of highlighted text passages and one copy of today’s procedure. Write your name on the text passages and return it with procedure slip to Ms. Chang when you are done with your audacity recording. 3) Collect any Chinese Club application form.
- Click audacity program to make your recording. Save your file as <lastname>.WAV and submit to MS 2P or MS 7P under Ms. Chang’s folder in O drive.
- Go to Ms. Chang’s blog and click the following links for video clips: 1) http://kid.chinese.cn/article/2009-09/25/content_68502.htm. Click 01. Watch animation and situation video under Lesson 1. Try other menu selections, please. 2) http://english.cntv.cn/program/learnchinese/20100803/100891.shtml. Watch the video. 3) Go to http://www.learnnc.org/lp/editions/mandarin1/4567 to watch video and learn simple vowels. If you like, go to http://www.learnnc.org/lp/editions/mandarin1/4526 and listen to all combinations of initials.
- Go to P drive and play Ni Hao 1 interactive game for reviewing Lesson Two.
Procedure for MS Exploratory Chinese 3P/5P (10/31/11)
Objectives: 1) I can master numbers in Chinese. 2) I can name simple Chinese picture characters. 3) I can brainstorm ideas for my art project.
Homework: Study Chinese characters for numbers 0-100. Connecting the Dots quiz tomorrow.
- 1) Quick review. 2) Quiz #3: Monday, 11/7/11. 3) Take quiz #2.
- 1) (2P) Complete origami: gift box. Collect for grades. 2) Pass out/go over oral presentation sentence patterns.
- (7P) Culture reading: Chinese tea.
- Showcase art project samples (PPT; 2P only: baking, craft).