Procedure for HS Chinese III (10/4/11)
目标 (MùBiāo): I can talk about the weather, the duration (…到…) and characteristics of the seasons and understand a simple weather report.
功课: 1) Write new characters. Know their pronunciation and meaning. 2) Review for your listening comprehension quiz tomorrow. 3) 4th skit draft due Thursday. 4) Make 5 sentences (有時/时, 一點/点都不, 大概, 還/还, 覺/觉得). Due Thursday.
- 1) Pass out your ID and picture packet. 2) Cafeteria – Please respect Our House – keep our lunch tables clean. Pick up your trash and push in your chairs when leaving the cafeteria.
- Teach new characters with terms (停, 討/讨, 厭/厌, 覺/觉, 令, 又, 有時/时, 一點/点都不, 大概, 還/还, 覺/觉得, 令人). 2) Listening activity: weather report.
- Class work: Work on your draft.
Procedure for MS Chinese I 2P/7P (10/4/11)
Objectives: I can tell the difference among g, k, and h.
Homework: 1) Look up and write definitions for new characters. 2) Practice saying math equations.
- 1) Take one copy of Lesson Two character worksheet. 2) Lesson Three Chapter test: Monday, 10/10/11. Missing childhood pictures (2P: Joy, Lance, Alexandra, Josh, Daniel, Ben, Cameron, James, T.J., Lana, Travis, Jonah, Jamie; 7P: Abbi, Kelley, Syam, Justin, Mason, John, Amari, Alissa)? => No name on 3 pictures (2P)!! Makeup work (2P: Jonah: number quiz + WB pages 20-21). 3) Turn in your typing work and highlighted text passages. 4) Explain expectations for working at the lab.
- 1) Dictation (g). 2) Teach new consonants (k, h).
Procedure for MS Exploratory Chinese 3P/5P (10/4/11)
Objectives: 1) I can talk about myself and my family fluently in Chinese. 2) I can gain various knowledge about ancient or contemporary China through browsing books.
- 1) Makeup work/quiz: (3P: Art Project—Emily, Mariah, Joe, Elizabeth, Michael, Niall, Stefani, Matt Murphy, Courtney, Katrina; 3P: Quiz #4: Morgan, Elizabeth, Katrina). 2) Return jump drives / art work, etc. 3) Go over commonly-made pronunciation.
- Oral presentation.