Procedure for HS Chinese III (11/1/11)
目标 (MùBiāo): 1) I can sustain a 2-minute conversation. 2) I can sight read text passages fluently. 3) I can create a skit about school subject/school life or ordering/preparing meals.
功课: 1) Read text sentence patterns on pages 7-8. 2) Round robin reading pages 1-2 tomorrow. 3) WB pages 1-2. 4) 5th skit draft due: Thursday, 11/3/11.
- 1) Makeup quiz (Claire). 2) Go over Parent Letter. 3) 念课本第1到2页。
- Video clip: CI Volume 1 Lesson 10.
- Oral practice: 2 minutes (not dialogue of Chinese I material): 1) daily routine—time and actions; 2) clothes you wear—types and colors; 3) classes you have; 4) family—parents, siblings and pets.
- Class work: draft your skit.
Procedure for MS Chinese I 2P/7P (11/1/11)
Objectives: 1) I can review for chapter test. 2) I can master basic greeting terms.
Homework: Study for your chapter test.
1. 1) Turn in your Lesson Two character worksheet tomorrow. 2) Take one copy of Parent Letter. 3) Compound vowels quiz: Monday, 11/7/11. Review Sounds 1 packet oral quiz #2: Tuesday, 11/8/11. 4) Makeup work (Jonah). 5) Chinese Club elects officers at lunch time today.
2. 1) Go over answer key to WB pages 10-13. 2) Go over Parent Letter.
3. 1) Writing practice. 2) Go over Study Guide.
Procedure for MS Exploratory Chinese 3P/5P (11/1/11)
Objectives: 1) I can connect dots from 1 to 84 in Chinese characters. 2) I can construct Chinese sentences for my oral presentation. 3) I can name family members in Chinese.
Homework: Review learned terms.
- 1) Missing work (origami: 3P: Semantha, Ben, Tatiana). 2) Makeup quiz + origami work (Alexia, Kevin, Kartikesh). 3) Quick review—count from 0 to 100. 4) Quiz #3: Monday, 11/7/11. 5) Connecting the Dots quiz.
- 1) Teach new terms (baba, mama, gege, didi, jiejie, meimei, sui). 2) (5P) Construct oral presentation sentences #1 and #2.