Procedure for HS Chinese IV (11/2/11)-after school
目标 (MùBiāo): I can talk about sickness; I can follow medical instructions; I can write notes of absence. 2) I can sight read text passages fluently.
功课: 1) Practice reading text passages on page 79-80. Due by Thursday. 2) Write new characters. Know their meaning and pronunciation. 3) WB pages 61-62.
- Teach new characters and terms (摊/攤, 刨, 次, 粒, 药/藥, 摊开/攤開, 小吃摊/攤, 刨, 刨木/頭, 吃药/藥).
- Go over text pages 79-80.
Procedure for HS Chinese IV (11/2/11)
目标 (MùBiāo): I can interpret text passages accurately.
功课: Draft of skit due tomorrow.
1. 1) Dr. Shen from U. of Mount Union will visit us and give a special topic, “Legends of Chinese culture” tomorrow—please show best manners. Chinese I will sit with us.
2. Reading comprehension quiz.
Procedure for HS Chinese III (11/2/11)
目标 (MùBiāo): 1) I can create a skit about school subjects/school life or ordering/preparing meals. 2) I can interpret text passages accurately.
功课: 1) Draft of skit due tomorrow. 2) WB pages 3/5.
- 1) Dr. Shen from U. of Mount Union will visit us and give a special topic, “Legends of Chinese culture.” tomorrow—please show best manners. Chinese I will sit with us.
- 1) Reading comprehension quiz ó turn in your WB (Ms. Chang will check and then return).
- Class work: Finalize your skit.
Procedure for MS Chinese I 2P/7P (11/2/11)
Objectives: 1) I can master basic greeting terms. 2) I can acquire general information about China.
Homework: Lesson Four character definitions.
- 1) Turn in your Lesson Two characters worksheet. 2) Take one copy of Lesson Four characters worksheet.
- Lesson Two chapter test.
- Video clip: Everything You Need to Know about China in 10 minutes.
Procedure for MS Exploratory Chinese 3P/5P (11/2/11)
Objectives: 1) I can build Chinese sentences for my oral presentation. 2) I can name family members in Chinese.
Homework: Review learned terms.
- 1) Makeup work (3P: Kevin, Tatiana, Kathrine F., Essence —connecting the dots; Ben, Alexia—quiz #2+ origami, Steven G., Kevin, 5P: Matt T—quiz #2 + origami + connecting the dots; Anthony, Maria, Amanda.). 2) Quick review (baba, mama, gege, didi, jiejie, meimei, sui). 3) Teach new terms (jia, you, ge ren, he, liang).
- 1) Build sentences #3-#4. 2) (2P) Culture reading: Chinese tea.
- (7P) Newspaper hunting activity.