Procedure for HS Chinese III (11/4/11)
目标 (MùBiāo): 1) I can talk about my school timetable, subject preference, preparation for exams and exam results. 2) I can sight read text passages fluently. 3) I can reflect my study strategies and time management skills.
功课: 1) Work on memorizing your skit. Perform on Tuesday. 2) Write new characters. Know their meaning and pronunciation by next Monday. 3) WB page 7.
- 1) Return WB and skit draft. 2) Makeup work (Aashna). 3) Round robin reading text passages on pages 1-2. 4) Round robin answering class timetable/schedule.
- Teach new characters with terms (考, 試, 口試, 筆試, 面試, 大考, 小考, 期中考, 開, 開車, 開夜車, 錯 ó 對, 不錯, 還可以, 差).
- Self-assessment reflection ó Feedback on your skit draft.
Procedure for MS Chinese I 2P/7P (11/4/11)
Objectives: 1) I can identify/name someone in his/her Chinese name. 2) I can tell the differences among compound vowels. 3) I can sight read pinyin sentences fluently.
Homework: 1) Study Review Sounds 1 packet pages 3-4. Oral quiz: pages 3-4 on Tuesday, 11/8/11. 2) Study learned compound vowel syllables. Quiz: Thursday, 11/10/11. 3) Write new characters. Know their meaning and pronunciation by Monday, 11/7/11.
- 1) Dictation (ai, ao, ei, ou). 2) Teach compound vowels (ia, ie). 3) Round robin read Review Sounds 1 packet pages 3-4.
- 1) (7P) Review chapter test / (2P) Teach new characters with terms (誰, 馬, 克, 白, 啊). 2) Class activity: practice introducing oneself and ask someone else’s name.
Procedure for MS Exploratory Chinese 3P/5P (11/4/11)
Objectives: 1) I can talk about myself and my family in Chinese. 2) I can explore Tangram piece. 3) I can acquire cultural knowledge about Chinese family system, (3P) Chinese leisure activities, and silk.
Homework: Study for your Quiz #3.
- 1) Quick review (gege, didi, jiejie, meimei, sui, nian, jia, you, ge ren, he, liang, sheng ri). 2) Pair practice reading sentences #1-#5. 3) (3P) Collect draft #1. (5P) Return papers.
- Culture reading: Chinese family / (3P) Chinese leisure activity.
- 1) Pass out/go over Tangram pieces and instructions. 2) Class activity.
- DVD: (5P) Chinese silk.