Procedure for HS Chinese IV (11/9/11)—after school
目标 (MùBiāo): I can describe illness, follow medical instructions and write notes of absence.
功课: 1) Write new characters. Know their meaning and pronunciation. 2) Finish up WB pages 61, 62, 70 (#1-#5/#7). 3) Lesson Six vocabulary quiz: Tuesday, 11/15/11. 4) Skit final work due: Friday, 11/11. 5) Read text passages on pages 79-81 by Friday.
- 1) Teach new characters with terms (干/乾, 净/淨, 休, 息). 2) Read text passages on pages 81. 3) WB page 63 Listening activity. 4) Go over text passages on page 82.
Procedure for HS Chinese III (11/10/11)
目标 (MùBiāo): 1) I can talk about school subject, exam preparation and exam result. 2) I can use various functions of de without problem. 3) I can accurately interpret text passages with unfamiliar characters.
功课: 1) Practice reading text passages on pages 3-5. Round robin reading: tomorrow. 2) Practice conversation dialogue. Oral quiz: next Tuesday at Red Lab.
- 1) Turn in your WB. 2) Explain / Go over notes (de, de2, dei3). 3) 2nd Reading comprehension (sections I & II).
- 1) Pair activity: WB pages9-10. 2) Go over the answer key.
- 1) Pair conversation: (你喜欢/歡什么/麼课/課? 为什么/為什麼? 你不喜欢/歡什么/麼課? 为什么/為什麼). 2) Group conversation practice => Dialogue quiz: next Tuesday, November 15, at Red Lab.
Procedure for MS Chinese I 2P/7P (11/10/11)
Objectives: 1) I can identify people, state their age and welcome people. 2) I can tell the differences among compound vowels. 3) I can read text passages fluently.
Homework: WB page 26.
- 1) Compound Vowels quiz. 2) Listening comprehension: WB page 22. Go over answer key.
- 1) Teach new characters with terms (请/ 請, 进/進, 两/兩). 2) Read text passages on pages 23-25.
- 1) (2P) Song time. 2) Conversation practice: I am < name >, Who are you? Who is she/he? I am # years old. How are/is you/he/she?
Procedure for MS Exploratory Chinese 3P/5P (11/10/11)
Objectives: 1) I can name colors in Chinese. 2) I can acquire cultural knowledge about Chinese leisure activities. 3) I can have a understanding about Chinese program in American schools. 4) I can utilize website tools to type Chinese pinyin and characters.
Homework: Review learned syllables.
- 1) Quick review (hong se, huang se, hei se, bai se, cheng se, lan se, lu se, zong se, xi huan). 2) Teach new terms (zi se, hui se, fen hong se, zui). 3) Write sentence #10. 4) Pair practice reading sentences #1-#10. Collect draft #2.
- 1) Chinese I class list. 2) DVD: Why Chinese?
- 1) (2P) Culture reading: Chinese Leisure activities. 2) Teach website tools to type Chinese characters and pinyins.