Procedure for HS Chinese III (11/17/11)
目标 (MùBiāo): 1) I can introduce my school and I can hold conversations commonly used in the classroom and school grounds.
功课: 1) Write new characters. Know their meaning and pronunciation. 2) Practice reading text passages on page 5. 3) Study reading comprehension for quiz: Monday, 11/21/11. 4) Recite your poems on Tuesday. 5) Lesson Two character definitions.
- 1) Take one copy of Lesson Two characters worksheet. 2) Read text passages on page 5. 3) Practice poems.
- Teach new characters with terms (合, 女, 男, 千. 新来的/新來的, 以前 <=> 以后/後, 女子 <=> 男子, 只有, 男女合校, 合作).
- Share and Teach: group work on reading comprehension packet. Present tomorrow and count for participation grade.
Procedure for MS Chinese I 2P/7P (11/17/11)
Objectives: 1) I can tell the differences among various compound vowels. 2) I can create a skit to greet, introduce and welcome people. 3) I can sight read pinyin sentences fluently. 4) I can name objects in the classroom.
Homework: 1) Write new characters. 2) Type up your skit.
- 1) Return papers. 2) All makeup work done by Friday, 11/19/11. 3) Read Review Sounds 1 packet page 5.
- 1) Dictation (iao, uai). 2) Teach compound vowels (iu, ui). 3) Teach new characters with terms (尺, 笔/筆, 刀, 剪, 刀子, 剪刀).
- Pair work: skit time.
Procedure for MS Exploratory Chinese 3P/5P (11/17/11)
Objectives: I can talk about myself and my family in Chinese.
- Oral presentation—read your 10 sentences.