Procedure for HS Chinese III (11/18/11)
目标 (MùBiāo): 1) I can introduce my school. 2) I can interpret text passages with unfamiliar characters. 3) I can sight read text passages fluently.
功课: 1) Study for reading comprehension: Monday, 11/21/11. 2) Reciting poems: Tuesday, 11/22/11.
- 1) Check Lesson Two character definitions. 2) Makeup work (Caelan, Adam/Nate, Heidi, Cait). 3) Round robin reading: text page 5. 4) Practice reading poems. 5) Go over text passages on pages 14-15.
- Group presentation: reading comprehension.
Procedure for MS Chinese I 2P/7P (11/18/11)
Objectives: 1) I can sight read pinyin sentences fluently. 2) I can tell the differences among various compound vowels. 3) I can create a skit to greet, introduce and welcome people. 4) I can maintain a simple conversation to identify people and state ages.
Homework: 1) Practice reading 4 pinyin sentences. 2) Finalizing and memorizing your skit.
- 1) Makeup work by the end of today. 2) Teach compound vowels (un, uan). 3) Read Review Sounds 1 packet: page 5. 4) Dictation (iu, ui). 5) Conversation practice (I am…, I am < # years old>, Who are/is you/they/he/she? How old are/is you/they/he/she? 6) Q/A dialogue.
- Pair/group work: skit time.
Procedure for MS Exploratory Chinese 3P/5P (11/18/11)
Objectives: 1) I can talk about myself and my family. 2) I can fold an origami balloon. 3) I can play various games in Chinese version.
- 1) Finish up oral presentation (3P: Steven G., Katherine F., Ben, Essence, Sean, Kevin, Samantha, Kaylee; 5P: Emma). 2) Makeup work/quiz: (5P: Jason, Emma, Hope). 3) Origami time.
- (5P) Game time: 1) Pin the Tail on the donkey. 2) Follow the leader.