Procedure for HS Chinese IV (12/16/11)—before/after school
目标 (MùBiāo): I can sight read text passages fluently.
1. Read text passages on pages 94-95.
2. Download PhotoStory 3 for Windows. Go to YouTube for tutorials.
3. Prepare your traveling itineraries, traveling preparation and a complete list of weather report of the cities you plan to visit, giving a week’s vacation in China, Taiwan, USA, etc.
Procedure for HS Chinese III (12/16/11)
目标 (MùBiāo): 1) I can talk about modes of transportation, traveling time, distance, and giving directions. 2) I can acquire cultural knowledge about Chinese dinner etiquette and tea culture.
- 1) Turn in your Tissue Box Building project with checklist, please. 2) Ms. Chang checks your WB pages 30-31. 3) Go over answer key.
- 1) Round robin reading: pages 28-29. 2) Simple Q/A conversation questions.
DVD: Tea culture. for MS Chinese I 2P/7P (12/16/11)
Objectives: 1) I can introduce my family. 2) I can sight read pinyin sentences fluently. 3) I can acquire cultural knowledge about Chinese martial arts—boxing.
Homework: (7P) Write new characters.
- 1) Quick review / Oral quiz: Review Sounds2 packet pages 5-6. 2) (2P) Take one copy of Lesson Six text passages. 3) Return papers. 4) Makeup work (1P: Jamie—definitions, Alex—Review Sounds 2 pages 3-4, Ben: audacity, Jonah—skit + Lesson 5 worksheet; 7P: Kelley—definitions, Alissa/Jennifer—audacity). 5) Surprise?
- (7P) Teach new characters with terms (家, 个/個, 有, 也, 生, 生日, 学/學生, 家人, 一家人, 生气/氣).
- DVD: Chinese Martial Arts.
Procedure for MS Exploratory Chinese 3P/5P (12/16/11)
Objectives: 1) I can recognize characters and comprehend sounds for numbers in Chinese. 2) I can acquire cultural knowledge about Chinese leisure activities. 3) I can build sentences about myself and my family.
- 1) Makeup work (3P: Luke, Kathryn, Keali). 2) Quick review. 3) Quiz #2. 4) Return papers.
- 1) Learn new terms (sui, baba, mama, gege, didi, jiejie, meimei). 2) Build sentences #1-#2.
- DVD: (2P) Chinese Yo-yo. (5P) Chinese martial arts—boxing.