Procedure for HS Chinese IV (1/9/12)
目标 (MùBiāo): I can name cities in my traveling plan.
功课: 1) 寫/写新生字. 2) WB pages 78-79 (#1-#6).
1. Teach new characters with terms (嗯, 輕, 挑, 剔, 港, 安, 桂, 林).
2. Go over text passages on pages 96.
Procedure for HS Chinese III (1/9/12)
目标 (MùBiāo): 1) I can sight read text passages fluently. 2) I can give and follow directions. 3) I can compare and contrast Chinese and American cultural and societal differences and gain my listening comprehension skill through viewing a Chinese movie.
功课: 1) 寫/写新生字. 2) Round robin reading: text pages 32-33. Due Friday.
- 1) Turn in your Scenes 1-2 comprehension questions. 2) Makeup work (Colin).
- 1) Quick review: text pages 30-31. 2) Round robin reading: text pages 30-31.
- 1) Teach new characters with terms (办/辦, 礼/禮, 堂, 部, 楼/樓, 還有, 办/辦公室, 教室, 教室楼/樓, 礼/禮堂, 小卖/賣部). 2) Movie time (Scene 3).
Procedure for MS Chinese I 2P/7P (1/9/12)
Objectives: 1) (7P) I can review all Hanyu sounds and sentence patterns for my midterm exam. 2) (2P) I can introduce my name in Chinese format. 3) I can hold a simple conversation.
Homework: 1) Write new characters. 2) Conversation question prompt (index card) due tomorrow.
- 1) Turn in your family photo. E-mail Ms. Chang your family picture in digital format, please. 2) Return family paragraph papers. Go over common mistakes. 3) Clarification: oral exam: Wednesday, mid-term writing part: Thursday and Friday. 4) Makeup work (2P: Dan, T.J., Jonah, Brynne; 7P: Kelley/Julia discuss your Friday midterm arrangement). 5) (7P) Dictation.
- 1) Teach new characters with terms (2P: 叫, 和, 保, 罗/羅, 呢, 沒; 7P: 呢, 沒, 名, 字). 2) (2P) Writing practice. 3) Conversation practice.
Procedure for MS Exploratory Chinese 3P/5P (1/9/12)
Objectives: 1) I can make flash cards for unit #4: colors. 2) I can say colors in Chinese.
Homework: 1) Review learned terms. 2) Practice reading sentences #1-#5.
- 1) Makeup work (3P: Keaton, Kathryn; 5P: Jordan/Allen/Anha—draft #1, Andre/Ryan—get a pass for origami and draft #1). 2) Quick review. 3) Quiz #3.
- 1) Pass out colored strips, index cards and glue sticks. Make flash cards. Check for class participation grade. 2) Teach new terms (3P: hong se, huang se; 5P: hong se, huang se, hei se, bai se).