Procedure for HS Chinese IV (1/23/12)
目标 (MùBiāo): 1) I can talk about packing for my traveling. 2) I can enhance my listening comprehension skill through watching videos.
功课: 1) Write new characters. 2) Read text passages on page 96. Due Friday, 1/27/12.
- 1) Return Photostory project / writing essays for review. 2) Quick review of midterm/2nd quarter grades.
- Teach new characters with terms (帮/幫, 帮忙, 收, 拾, 收拾 = 打包, 早就, 简/簡, 單, 斤, 毛巾).
- Video viewing. 1) Happy Birthday to you. http://www.learnnc.org/lp/editions/mandarin1/4190. 2) My head hurts so badly. http://www.learnnc.org/lp/editions/mandarin1/4215
Procedure for HS Chinese III (1/23/12)
目标 (MùBiāo): 1) I can give and follow directions. 2) I can gain oral fluency through sight reading text passages. 3) I can compare and contrast Chinese and American cultural differences through watching a Chinese film.
功课: 1) WB page 35. 2) Round robin reading text passages on pages 32-33: Thursday, 1/26/12. 3) Scene 4 Movie Discussion/Comprehension Questions due tomorrow.
- 1) Scholarship opportunities available for Summer Language Learning. See Ms. Chang for details. 2) Change seats. Draw and Move. 3) Pass out / Review midterm and 2nd quarter grades. Share study strategies and improve your study habits. 4) Upcoming events: cooking (Friday, 1/27/12), Amazing Race (Friday, 2/3/12), Lesson Three chapter test: Tuesday, 1/31/12.
- Model/Guided practice of giving directions.
- Videos for directions: 1) Where is the gym, http://www.learnnc.org/lp/editions/mandarin1/4221. 2) How do you go to school every day? http://www.learnnc.org/lp/editions/mandarin1/4224
- Movie time.
Procedure for MS Chinese I 2P/7P (1/23/12)
Objectives: 1) I can sight read text passages fluently. 2) I can create a PPT to introduce my family and myself. 3) I can review Lesson Six through playing an interactive game.
Homework: 1) Study for your Lesson Six chapter test (Tuesday, 1/31/12). 2) Practice singing Happy Chinese New Year song. 3) PPT printout / Google Docs sharing with Ms. Chang
- 1) Get your WB and a copy of highlighted text passage slip for your audacity. 2) Record your reading and submit to Ms. Chang’s folder under O drive (either MS 2P or MS 7P sub folder). Name your file <lastname>.mp3. Return your highlighted text passages with your name on it.
- Create a PPT file with your family picture. The text passages printed should include: 1) # of people in your family, 2) what family members do you have, and 3) three sentences—relationship to you, their age, and profession—for each of your family members, including yourself. Print out your PPT draft as handout format (6 slides per page). Submit your printout with your name on it to Ms. Chang.
- Go to P drive and click Ms. Chang’s folder. Click Ni Hao1 interactive game, and click Lesson Six to review materials.
- If you finish all three tasks, log onto http://www.learnnc.org/lp/editions/mandarin1/4121 to listen to the dialogue.
Procedure for MS Exploratory Chinese 3P/5P (1/23/12)
Objectives: 1) I can understand Ms. Chang’s classroom rules and grading policy. 2) I can complete the Student Inventory worksheet.
Homework: Student Inventory. Due tomorrow.
1. Sit on assigned seat.
2. Get students’ team assignment information.
3. Pass out and go over Ms. Chang’s Classroom Rules and Grading Policy.
4. Pass out, go over and fill in the Student Inventory. Collect, if done.