Procedure for HS Chinese IV (1/25/12)
目标 (MùBiāo): 1) I can prepare/pack necessities for my traveling. 2) I can gain listening comprehension skill through viewing videos.
功课: 1) Write new characters. 2) Watch videos for Lesson Seven chapter test.
1. Teach new characters with terms (肥, 皂, 肥皂, 牙, 刷, 膏, 刷子, 牙刷, 牙膏, 膏藥/药膏, 牙齒, 已經/经, 不到, 出發/发, 飛機/机, 機場/机场 = 飛機場/飞机场, 起飛/飞, 送行).
2. 1) Go over text passages on page 98. 2) Go over text passage on page 103 bottom section. 3) Go over terms on page 106 middle section.
3. View videos:
1) Happy Birthday to you: http://www.learnnc.org/lp/editions/mandarin1/4190.
2) My head hurts so badly. http://www.learnnc.org/lp/editions/mandarin1/4215.
3) What will you do over summer break? http://www.learnnc.org/lp/editions/mandarin1/4231.
4) Birthday celebration: http://english.cntv.cn/program/learnchinese/20110909/114421.shtml.
Procedure for HS Chinese III (1/25/12)
目标 (MùBiāo): 1) I can verbally give directions from place to place. 2) I can compare and contrast Chinese and American cultures through viewing a Chinese film. 3) I can gain listening skill through reviewing authentic videos.
功课: 1) Practice reading text passages on pages 32-33. 2) Watch the following two videos for chapter test listening part.
1. 1) Return your WB. 2) Makeup work (Cait, Collin, Antonio). 3) Read text passages on pages 32-33. 4) Go over WB page mistakes.
2. 1) Group activity: writing direction terms (Heidi, Aashna, Kristen). 2) Group activity: oral conversation practice (getting around town on the floor).
3. 1) Transportation: http://english.cntv.cn/program/learnchinese/20101102/102146.shtml. 2) Ask for directions: http://english.cntv.cn/program/learnchinese/20110106/103763.shtml.
Procedure for MS Chinese I 2P/7P (1/25/12)
Objectives: 1) I can showcase my Chinese proficiency through singing a song. 2) I can ask questions about other people’s family. 3) I can compare and contrast American and Chinese cultural differences through viewing a Chinese film.
Homework: 1) Practice conversation questions. 2) Study for your Lesson Six chapter test. 3) Complete/type movie discussion questions.
1. 1) Captains check WB page 36. Turn in your WB at the end of class for Ms. Chang. 2) Song time. 3) (2P) Interview activity: WB page 39. Share your result. 4) Any allergy issue? 4) (2P) Video time: http://www.learnnc.org/lp/editions/mandarin1/4121.
2. 1) Conversation time. Ms. Chang checks progress. 2) Movie time.
Procedure for MS Exploratory Chinese 3P/5P (1/25/12)
Objectives: 1) I can say simple greeting terms. 2) I can acquire geographic knowledge about China.
Homework: 1) Signature slip due tomorrow. 2) Review learned terms.
- 1) Collect signature slip, if any. 2) Quick review (Ni Hao, Ni Shi, Wo Shi). 3) Pass out / Go over China reading packet. 4) Makeup work (5P: Gabriella, Shaun, Jack—Student Inventory). 5) (3P) Ryan and Sarah stay after class and talk to Ms. Chang, please.
- 1) Teach new terms (Zai Jian, Zai Jian, Zhang Lao Shi). 2) Cultural reading: The country: China (page 1). 3) DVD: Introduction to China.