Procedure for HS Chinese IV (2/27/12)—before school
目标 (MùBiāo): 1) I can tell a story. 2) I can sight read text passages fluently.
功课: 1) Study for your chapter test. 2) Prepare oral descriptions for one picture by Wednesday.
- 1) Lesson Eight chapter test: Monday, 3/5/12. 2) Round robin reading text passages on pages 108-110. 3) Vocabulary quiz.
- 1) Go to http://images.library.pitt.edu/cgi-bin/i/image/image-idx?c=visuals&q1=visuals&type=boolean&rgn1=ic_all&med=1&view=thumbnail and pick any picture. Write 10 complete sentences and orally deliver by Wednesday. 2) Conversation practice.
Procedure for HS Chinese III (2/27/12)
目标 (MùBiāo): 1) I can name various musical instruments (乐/樂器). 2) I can talk about my leisure activities and express opinions. 3) I can compare and contrast American and Chinese societal and cultural differences through watching a Chinese movie.
功课: 1) 写/寫新生字. 2) Practice conversation questions. Q/A session: Tuesday, 2/28/12.
- 1) Turn in your Scenes 12-18 Movie Discussion Questions. 2) Quick review. 3) Teach new characters with terms (龙/龍, 狮/獅, 筝/箏, 胡, 笛, 太极/極拳, 舞龙/龍, 舞狮/獅, 古筝/箏, 二胡, 胡说/說, 笛子).
- 1) Go over conversation question list. 2) Conversation question practice.
- 1) Go over scenes movie discussion questions. 2) Movie time.
Procedure for MS Chinese I 2P/7P (2/27/12)
Objectives: 1) I can talk about nationality. 2) I can apply what I learned in lessons 5, 6, and 7 to create a skit. 3) (2P) I can compare and contrast Chinese and American cultural differences through watching a Chinese movie.
Homework: 1) Write new characters. 2) (2P) Movie discussion questions due on Wednesday.
- 1) Take one copy of Lesson Eight text passages. 2) (7P) Turn in your Movie Discussion Questions. 3) Makeup work (2P: Jonah, Chloe). 3) Quick review (中国/國, 美国/國, 英国/國, 德国/國, 国/國家, 中国/國人, 美国/國人, 英国/國人, 德国/國人, 美人).
- Teach new characters with terms (本, 日本, 日本人, 拿, 加拿大, 加拿大人, 哪, 新, 西, 新西兰/蘭, 新西兰/蘭人, 一本书/書).
- Skit presentation.
Procedure for MS Exploratory Chinese 3P/5P (2/27/12)
Objectives: 1) I can name 11 colors in Chinese. 2) I can gain cultural knowledge about Chinese school systems and/or Chinese food. 3) I can introduce myself in Chinese.
Homework: 1) Study for your quiz #4 tomorrow. 2) Complete your art project. Due on Wednesday. 3) Practice reading your ten sentences for oral presentation on Wednesday.
- 1) Makeup work (3P: Jorja, Alonzo, Alana; 5P: Gabriela, Chloe). 2) Quick review (hong se, huang se, hei se, bai se, lan se, lu se, zi se, zong se). 3) Teach 3 new terms (hui se, cheng se, fen hong se).
- 1) Read sentences #1-#10. 2) Cultural reading: (3P) Chinese food. (5P)Chinese school systems.
- 1) Check out Chinese I class roster. 2) (3P) DVD: Chinese program in American schools.