Procedure for HS Chinese IV (2/28/12)—after school
目标 (MùBiāo): 1) I can tell a story. 2) I can sight read text passages fluently.
功课: 1) Study for your chapter test. 2) Prepare oral descriptions for one picture by Thursday.
- 1) Lesson Eight chapter test: Monday, 3/5/12. 2) Take one copy of mini dialogues handout. 3) Round robin reading text passages on pages 108-110.
- 1) Go to http://images.library.pitt.edu/cgi-bin/i/image/image-idx?c=visuals&q1=visuals&type=boolean&rgn1=ic_all&med=1&view=thumbnail and pick any picture. Write 10 complete sentences and orally deliver by Thursday. 2) Mini dialogues: conversation practice.
Procedure for HS Chinese III (2/28/12)
目标 (MùBiāo): I can ask and answer questions about leisure activities and express my opinions.
功课: 1) WB pages 45/49. 2) Scenes movie discussion questions.
- 1) Makeup work (Heidi—2, Claire—2, Adam F., Colin—WB page 44/46, Antonio: movie discussion questions). 2) Parent-Teacher conference: 4-5 p.m., 3/1/12. 3) No school on Tuesday, 3/6/12 (professional development days for staff).
- 1) Go over text passages on page 46. 2) Conversation question Q/A.
Procedure for MS Chinese I 2P/7P (2/28/12)
Objectives: 1) I can talk about my birthday and nationality. 2) I can apply what I have learned in lessons 5, 6 and 7 to create a skit.
Homework: 1) WB page 49 (except #4). 2) (2P) Movie discussion questions due tomorrow.
3) (7P) 8 question sentences with question words due tomorrow, 2/29/12.
- 1) Makeup work (2P: James, Jonah—3, Andrew J., Colin—2, Lance, Joy, Brynne; 7P: Enter grades for definitions and zodiac animals; Kelley, Maddy, Jennifer, Justin, Mason). 2) No school on Tuesday, 3/6/12. 3) Quick review (中国/國, 美国/國, 英国/國, 德国/國, 国/國家, 中国/國人, 美国/國人, 英国/國人, 德国/國人, 美人, 本, 日本, 日本人, 拿, 加拿大, 加拿大人, 哪, 新西兰/蘭, 新西兰/蘭人).
- Skit presentation (2P: Joy, Brynne, Andrew J., Colin, Lance; 7P: Justin, Amari, Lauren, Alex, Tyler, Weston).
- (2P) 1) Go over story map with weights specified. 2) Movie.
- (7P) 1) Teach Chinese date format. 2) Write down sentences about your nationality and birthday. 3) Write down questions using question words (谁/誰,谁的/誰的, 啊, 吗/嗎,呢, 哪, 什么/麼, 几/幾). Collect for grades. If is homework assignment if not done in class.
Procedure for MS Exploratory Chinese 3P/5P (2/28/12)
Objectives: 1) I can name 11 colors in Chinese. 2) I can explore Tangram pieces. 3) I can talk about myself in Chinese.
Homework: 1) Art project due tomorrow. 2) Deliver your oral presentation tomorrow.
- 1) (5P) Collect your draft for clarification, please. 2) Makeup work (5P: Julia, Jack, Chloe, Andrew, Jackson—flash cards). 3) No school on Tuesday, 3/6/12. 4) Quick review (hong se, huang se, bai se, hei se, lan se, lu se, zi se, zong se, cheng se, hui se, fen hong se). 5) Qui #4.
- 1) Read oral presentation 10 sentences. 2) Check Chinese I class/Chinese Club activities.
- 1) (3P) Tangram pieces. 2) (5P) DVD: Chinese programs in American schools.