Procedure for HS Chinese IV (4/30/12)
目标 (MùBiāo): 1) I can acquire cultural and historical knowledge about China through viewing a Chinese film. 2) I can sharpen my Chinese listening skill through viewing a Chinese film.
功课: Complete your movie discussion questions. Due this Friday.
Watch movie and answer comprehension questions in the packet.
Procedure for HS Chinese III (4/30/12)
目标: 1) I can learn to use Movie Maker or Photo Story software to create a story about my travel plan. 2) I can research information about famous attractions/tourist sites in China. 3) I can deliver my letter to a friend, relative, etc.
功课: 1) Prepare your 10 sentences and present tomorrow. 2) Save all your pictures and names of attractions in various cities.
- 1) Please turn in your 10-sentence and picture to Ms. Chang. 2) Please read your letter to Ms. Chang. Grades have to be in for Interim this Friday. ProgressBook closes at 5 pm tomorrow. Ms. Chang is not available this afternoon due to a revised schedule for OAA testing at MS. 3) Makeup work (Jay—WB page 1 + RRR, Wyatt—WB pages 68/70, Michaela—quiz, Colin—quiz, WB pages 70-71, letter, etc.)
- Google information about famous attractions in various cities in China (Beijing北京, Xi’An 西安, Nanjing 南京, Hong Kong香港, Gui Ling桂林, Chongqing重庆, Shanghai上海, Hangzhou杭州, Suzhou苏州, etc.) and be sure you know the names of the attractions and down load the pictures. In your travel video project, you need to visit at least two attractions in three different cities. All pictures of attractions and cities should be presented in your video. Meanwhile you need to include in your project things that you plan to bring with you in your trip to China.
- Click the following links, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0oH9qE9qEY (Photostory 3 tutorial for windows ) and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLTQfI9K2Fc (for the tutorials of Movie Make 2.6). Please down load Photo Story (photo) or movie maker (video clips) at your home computer and start playing around with it.
Procedure for MS Chinese I 2P (4/30/12)
Objectives: 1) I can talk about my food preference. 2) I can create a Voki to describe my physical appearance. 3) I can reinforce my Chinese through playing games.
Homework: 1) Write new characters. 2) Complete your sentences about your grade and your friend.
- 1) Captains check Lesson Eleven characters definitions. 2) Teach new characters with terms (饿/餓, 吃, 喝, 渴, 想). 3) Makeup work (Dan—Google Docs physical description). 4) Continue to e-mail Ms. Chang your link to the Voki you created.
- Game time.
Procedure for MS Exploratory Chinese 3P/5P (4/30/12)
Objectives: 1) I can say simple Chinese greeting terms. 2) I can acquire cultural, geographical and history knowledge about China.
Homework: Review learned terms.
- 1) Our 8th graders have to miss class today => they need to report to their 1st period class. Adopt one 8th grader, please. 2) Makeup work—China reading packet (3P: Kelly, Kevin O., Evan; 5P: John, Andrea, Philip, Kyle, Lexie, Alexander). 3) Return your papers.
- 1) Quick review (Ni Hao, Ni Shi, Wo Shi, Lao Shi, Zhang Lao Shi, Zai Jian, Zao, Zao An, Ni Zao, Zao Shang Hao, Xie Xie, Bu Xie, Bu Ke Qi, Wu An, Wan An). 2) Teach new terms (Qi Li, Jing Li, Zuo Xia, Qing Zuo).
- 1) Culture reading (page 2). 2) DVD: Shanghai & Chongqing. 3) Showcase artifacts—xuan paper, ink slab, ink tablet, and brush pens.