Procedure for HS Chinese IV (4/24/12)
目标 (MùBiāo): 1) I can describe a person in details with information such as physical appearance, interests, and personality traits. 2) I can ask and answer simple questions.
功课: 1) Movie anticipation guide due: Friday, 4/27/12. 2) Practice reading text passages on page 6: Friday, 5/4/12.
- Quick review (選/选, 人選/选, 最佳 = 最好, 導師/导师, 章, 文章, 弓, 弓箭, 起立, 聽說/听说, 教, 教學/学, 教師, 認/认, 認/认得, 認/认真, 關/关, 關係/关系, 關/关心 ó 開/开心 ó 熱/热心 ó 小心 ó 放心, 过).
- Teach new characters with terms (還/还没有, 班會/会, 開班會/开班会, 就, 對/对了, 為什麼/为什么, 器, 樂/乐器, 玩 => 彈/弹, 拉, 吹, 緣/缘, 人/緣缘, 緣/缘分, 又, 饒/饶, 饒/饶了我吧). 3) Read text passages on page 6.
- 1) Go over conversation questions. 2) Introduce yourself.
Procedure for HS Chinese III (4/24/12)
目标 (MùBiāo): 1) I can read text passages fluently. 2) I can write a letter to a friend, a relative, etc. 3) I can comprehend a travel brochure.
功课: 1) Letter writing due: Wednesday, 4/25/12. 2) WB pages 67-68.
- 1) Student Council Elections – Voting takes place this week. Please vote for the 12-13 school year officers and reps. 2) Read text passages on page 74-75. 3) Quick review (京, 北京, 南京, 东/東京).
- Interview activity: WB page 69. Writing, interview, & presenting. 2) Video project video quiz ó Write your letter + Ms. Chang proof read your draft.
Procedure for MS Chinese I 2P/7P (4/24/12)
Objectives: 1) I can read text passage fluently. 2) I can describe my physical appearance. 3) I can play games and sing songs to reinforce the learned concepts and acquired skills.
Homework: 1) Practice reading text passage + my physical appearance paragraph. 2) Review learned terms.
1. 1) Turn in your paragraph for body parts description. Take one copy of Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes song handout. Makeup work (2P: James, Brynne, Josh; 7P: John, Justin, Kelley). 2) Captains check WB page 67. Go over answer key. 3) 7P class students work at the media center tomorrow. Bring in your flash drive, if necessary.
2. 3) Go over / Read text passage on pages 85-86. 2) Song time (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dI3NXiEhx8) / game time.
Procedure for MS Exploratory Chinese 3P/5P (4/24/12)
Objectives: 1) I can define Hanyu pinyin. 2) I can say simple Chinese greeting terms. 3) I can understand Ms. Chang’s classroom rules and grading policy.
Homework: 1) Signature slip due on Thursday, 4/26/12. 2) Quiz #1: Monday, 5/7/12.
- 1) Makeup work—student inventory (3P: Justin, Kelly, Sean; 5P: John, Peyton). 2) Team assignment (3P: Sean; 5P: John, Peyton). 3) Go over Ms. Chang’s Classroom Rules & Grading Policy handout.
- Pass out/Go over Introduction to Hanyu Pinyin.
- Teach new terms (Ni Hao, Ni Shi, Wo Shi, Zai Jian).