Procedure for HS Chinese III (4/25/12)
目标 (MùBiāo): 1) I can talk about travel plan, travel preparation, and itinerary. 2) I can ask and answer conversation questions. 3) I can sight read text passages fluently.
功课: 1) WB page 70. 2) Practice reading text passages on pages 74-75. 3) Create at least 501- conversation questions. E-mail Ms. Chang your work.
- 1) Donation. Key Club’s Operation Food Campaign. The homeroom with the most money today will get doughnuts on Friday. 2) Turn in your letter writing assignment with checklist. 3) Ms. Chang checks your WB pages 67-68. 4) Work in Red Lab Monday, 4/30 and Friday, 5/4 on your traveling project. 5) Quick review (那么, 过, 要, 还有, 还要, 叔叔, 一起, 一同, 小提琴, 上海, 地中海, 黑海, 桂林, 签字, 证明, 签证, 学生证, 办, 办公室). 4
- Teach new characters with terms (因为/為,得, 交, 照, 护/護照, 照片 = 相片, 相机/機 = 照相机/機, 拍, 拍手, 拍照, 拍球, 看起來—吃起来, 听起来, 穿起来, 凶/兇,笑, 开/開玩笑, 俊, 英俊 ó 美丽/麗, 漂亮).
- video project quiz ó writing conversation questions ó study traveling brochures.
Procedure for MS Chinese I 2P (4/25/12)
Objectives: 1) I can introduce and invite my friends for activities together. 2) I can complete my 10 sentences.
Homework: 1) Write new characters. 2) Practice reading text passages. Round robin reading: Friday, 4/27/12.
- 1) Makeup work—physical appearance paragraph. 2) Work at the media center tomorrow.
- 1) Quick review (头/頭,头发/頭髮, 长/長, 短, 脸/臉, 眼睛, 眉毛, 耳朵, 鼻子, 嘴巴, 朋友, 王, 怡, 级/級, 年级/級, 上 ó下, 上车/車 ó下车/車, 上学/學,上网/網, 校, 学/學校, 校车/車). 2) Teach new characters with terms (笑, 哈, 笑哈哈, 哈哈笑, 班, 上班 ó下班, 同, 同班, 同學, 同校, 一同). 3) Read text passages on pages 85-86. 4) Finalize your body parts description.
Procedure for MS Chinese I 7P (4/25/12)
Objectives: 1) I can create an avatar to introduce myself. 2) I can expand my PPT to introduce my physical appearance.
Homework: 1) Complete your Voki. 2) Keep your PPT current by including 10 body parts description.
- 1) Makeup work—physical appearance paragraph (Alissa). 2) Ms. Chang returns your physical appearance paragraph.
- Use your Voki instruction sheet to create your avatar. 2) Record your audacity audio file with 10 body parts description and upload it to your Voki. 3) Publish and send your Voki link to Ms. Chang (email@example.com).
- Expand your PPT with your physical description paragraph and clip art pictures. It becomes your H/W, if not complete in class.
Procedure for MS Exploratory Chinese 3P/5P (4/25/12)
Objectives: 1) I can say simple Chinese greeting terms. 2) I can acquire cultural, geographic and historical knowledge about China.
Homework: 1) Review learned terms. 2) Signature slip due tomorrow. 3) China reading packet due: Friday, 4/27/12.
- 1) Makeup work (3P: Sean, Kelley; 5P: John, Peyton). 2) Collect signature slip, if any. 3) Introduce Ms. Chang’s daily blog in portal page. 4) Go over Ms. Chang’s grading policy.
- 1) Quick review (Ni Hao, Ni Shi). 2) Teach new terms (Ni Shi, Wo Shi, Lao Shi, Zhang Lao Shi, Zai Jian).
- Pass out/Go over China Reading Packet.