Procedure for HS Chinese III (4/26/12)
目标 (MùBiāo): 1) I can talk about my travel plan, travel preparation, and itinerary. 2) I can ask and answer simple conversation questions.
功课: 1) WB page 71. 2) Study for your vocabulary quiz and round robin reading tomorrow.
- 1) Ms. Chang checks your WB page 70. Go over answer key. 2) Quick review (旅行, 行李, 旅客, 打算, 暑假, 春假, 寒假, 参加, 那么, 过, 要, 还有, 还要, 叔叔, 一起, 一同, 小提琴, 上海, 签字, 证明, 签证, 学生证, 办公室, 写信, 一共, 一些, 哪些, 这/這些, 那些, 地方, 因为/為,得, 交, 护/護照, 照片 = 相片, 相机/機 = 照相机/機, 拍照, 看起來—吃起来, 听起来, 穿起来, 凶/兇,笑, 开/開玩笑, 俊, 英俊 ó 美丽/麗, 漂亮).
- 1) Read text passages on pages 74-75. 2) Conversation questions. Q/A session with Ms. Chang. 3) Read your letter to Ms. Chang by tomorrow. 4) Sample some traveling brochures.
Procedure for MS Chinese I 2P (4/26/12)
Objectives: 1) I can create an avatar to introduce myself. 2) I can expand my PPT to introduce my physical appearance.
Homework: 1) Complete your Voki. 2) Keep your PPT current by including 10 body parts description.
- Use your Voki instruction sheet to create your avatar. 2) Record your audacity audio file with 10 body parts description and upload it to your Voki. 3) Publish and send your Voki link to Ms. Chang (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Expand your PPT with your physical description paragraph and clip art pictures. It becomes your H/W, if not complete in class.
Procedure for MS Chinese I 7P (4/26/12)
Objectives: 1) I can introduce and invite my friends for activities together. 2) I can improve my listening comprehension through listening to the Vokis that are created by my classmates.
Homework: 1) Write new characters. 2) Practice reading text passages. Round robin reading: Friday, 4/27/12. 3) (7P) Lesson Eleven character definitions.
- 1) Take one set of Lesson Eleven character worksheet. 2) Makeup work—physical appearance paragraph.
- 1) Quick review (头/頭,头发/頭髮, 长/長, 短, 脸/臉, 眼睛, 眉毛, 耳朵, 鼻子, 嘴巴, 朋友, 王, 怡, 级/級, 年级/級, 上 ó下, 上车/車 ó下车/車, 上学/學,上网/網, 校, 学/學校, 校车/車). 2) Teach new characters with terms (笑, 哈, 笑哈哈, 哈哈笑, 班, 上班 ó下班, 同, 同班, 同学/學, 同校, 一同, 话/話). 3) Read text passages on pages 85-87, & 89.
- Showcase completed Voki.
Procedure for MS Exploratory Chinese 3P/5P (4/26/12)
Objectives: 1) I can say simple Chinese greeting terms. 2) I can acquire cultural, geographical or historical knowledge about China.
Homework: 1) Review learned terms. 2) China reading packet due tomorrow.
- 1) Collect signature slip, if any. One unidentified signature slip. 2) Quick review (Ni Hao, Hi Shi, Wo Shi, Lao Shi, Zhang Lao Shi, Zai Jian). 3) Teach new terms (Zao, Zao An, Ni Zao, Zao Shang Hao). 4) Finish up going over questions in the reading packet.
- 1) DVD: General Introduction. 2) Independent/Pair activity: work on your China reading packet.