Procedure for Chinese IV (5/22/12)
目標 (MùBiāo): 1) I can showcase my listening comprehension and sight reading skills. 2) I can prepare for my chapter test.
功課: Study for Lesson One Passage Two chapter test on Thursday.
- 1) Makeup work (Josiah); Return papers (Trey—essays + WB pages). 2) Listening comprehension. 2) Sight reading.
Procedure for Chinese III (5/22/12)
目標 (MùBiāo): 1) I can create a video about traveling plan, traveling preparation and itinerary. 2) I can talk about sickness and how I feel.
- 1) Ms. Chang checks your Lesson Eight character definitions. 2) Makeup test + Lesson Seven character worksheet (Aashna / Colin, Antonio, Michaela, Heidi, Claire). Makeup work (Cait + Wyatt)—character worksheet.
- 1) Teach new characters (病, 生病, 疼, 头/頭疼, 喉咙/嚨, 烧/燒,发烧/發燒). 2) Conversation question practice. 2) Model conversation question Q/A.
Procedure for MS Chinese I 2P/7P (5/22/12)
Objectives: 1) I can talk about food preferences. 2) I can ask and answer simple conversation questions.
Homework: 1) Write new characters. 2) WB page 73.
- 1) Makeup work (7P: Alissa: WB page 69). Work at media center tomorrow (2P: lab 2; 7P: lab 1). 2) Teach new characters (看, 別, 不客气/氣 = 別客气/氣). 3) Interview activity: WB page 74. 3) Pair activity: WB page 76.
- 1) (2P) YouTube video: Chinese yo-yo. (7P) Read text passages on page 101. 2) Browse through cook books. 3) Conversation question practice.
Procedure for MS Exploratory Chinese 3P/5P (5/22/12)
Objectives: 1) I can construct sentences to introduce myself. 2) I can brainstorm ideas for my art project.
Homework: Practice reading sentences #1-#5.
- 1) Makeup work (3P: Sean: quiz #3; Trevor: draft #1; 5P: John / Kyle: Quiz #3; Don: 12-Chinese character writing assignment; John: draft #1). 2) Return draft #1 papers + quiz papers. Go over writing techniques. Rewrite for better credit, please.
- 1) Culture reading: Chinese zodiac animals / the legend of Giant Panda. 2) Showcase art project samples (pictures + PPT files).