~Global Read Aloud Project~ Flat Stanley~
- The Global Read Aloud Project is an international project in it’s second year. You can read more about it and see activities from last year at http://globalreadaloudproject.wikispaces.com
- The Project will begin on Sept. 14th and run for 4 weeks.
- An international group of teachers is in the planning process for the 4 week lessons. We’ve selected the original Flat Stanley book and will select one of the follow-up Flat Stanley books. We’ll spend 2 weeks on each book.
- I will be modifying many of the ideas to be sure they fit our interests, needs, and abilities. These web sites (and others) may be used for the project: VoiceThread, Wordle, Edmodo, Twitter, Wikispaces, Wallwisher, and Weebly.
- Most of this project will be completed at school. There will be one part of the project that I ask you to do at home. This should take no more than one week.
– You will receive “Flat Stanley” in a bag along with a camera, notebook, and the book.
– I’d love if you could read the book nightly with your child.
– I will ask your child to take Flat Stanley with him/her to any place youtravel in that one week.
– I will ask that you help your child take pictures of Flat Stanley in these places. If you don’t
go anywhere in that week, I would encourage you to take photos of Flat Stanley in your
child’s favorite places in your home, yard, or neighborhood or with family members.
– In the notebook that comes home, your child will have a chance to write a paragraph or
– You will be asked to send back the bag and items when your week is
complete so that we can use them in school to complete our
- I will keep an update posted on the Room 5 Blog page as we complete lessons, projects, and activities. Check the “Global Read Aloud” section or click the tag “Flat Stanley” at http://staff.bbhcsd.org/kolism to see what we’re doing.