Academic English 9
The Pearl by John Steinbeck
All incoming freshmen will be required to read this novel. In addition all academic freshmen will be required to read one other young adult fiction book of their choice. Further details regarding suggested titles, expectations, and the assignments are detailed in the handout. Click the link below to access this handout.
Honors English 9
All freshmen honors English I students must read the common book for all freshmen, The Pearl by John Steinbeck. In addition, each honors freshmen English student must read one book from the list below. Please scroll down this page for the list and look at the reviews on the links portion of this web page
The link below describes and details the assignments and the added information you will need to complete this summer reading project.
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Caramelo by Sandra Cisneros
- The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver
- Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Mah-Wu Mei
- Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
- Into thin Air by John Krakauer